Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Bruker Launches New FoodScreener Module for Comprehensive NMR based Profiling of Honey". New Orleans, LA.
|Region||New Orleans, LA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||NMR FoodScreener™ module for honey|
|Product 2||food analysis (food testing)|
|Person||Spraul, Manfred (Bruker 201307 Director Apllied NMR Business Development)|
|Person 2||Thiel, Thorsten (Bruker 201204 Director Marketing Communications)|
This new NMR screening solution specifically for the analysis of honey is the most recent module of Bruker’s well-established FoodScreener™ product line to be released in April. The solution delivers targeted and non-targeted analysis to simultaneously identify and quantify a multitude of honey characteristics, including sugar, acid and amino acid content as well as frauds such as the addition of different types of syrup or other sugar solutions. The inherent ease of use allows non-expert users to conduct analyses from measurement to final report.
Dr. Manfred Spraul, Chief Technology Officer at Bruker BioSpin’s Applied, Industrial and Clinical (AIC) division, explained “This new NMR solution for honey provides a cost efficient way for comprehensive quality and authenticity control. NMR offers unique capabilities in validating variety and origin even if the pollen are removed from the honey .” Dr. Spraul continued, “ As an example, the NMR based Honey-Profiling comes at the right time to validate the highest priced Manuka honeys, where it is known, that much more Manuka is sold than produced. The ongoing reduction of bee populations also creates pressure in the honey market, which could lead to increased falsification. Honey Profiling based analysis will ensure that the consumer really gets what he pays for. ”
The database developed for the Honey-Profiling contains thousands of authentic samples with world-wide coverage due to support from Quality Services International and ALNuMed and will be extended on a regular basis. This will be hugely advantageous for our customers in the honey industry, analytical service providers and government control agencies.
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker’s high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics.
Dr. Thorsten Thiel
Director of Marketing Communications
T: +49 (721) 5161 – 6500
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]