Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (5/12/14). "Press Release: New MRI CryoProbe Delivers Highest Sensitivity in Rat Brain in Vivo Imaging". Milano.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Zentralinstitut für Seelische Gesundheit (ZI Mannheim)|
|Product||400 MHz Phased Array MRI CryoProbe™|
|Product 2||animal testing|
|Person||Thiel, Thorsten (Bruker 201204 Director Marketing Communications)|
|Person 2||Jung, Wulf I. (Bruker 201009 Managing Director of Bruker BioSpin GmbH)|
Advanced MRI coil technology will drive new high resolution applications in small animal neuroimaging
At the joint ISMRM-ESMRMB 2014 meeting, Bruker today announced a new Phased Array MRI CryoProbe™ for in vivo neuroimaging that delivers unparalleled access to rat brain microstructure and biochemistry, previously unresolvable in in vivo imaging of the rat. The sensitivity increase by up to a factor of 2.4 allows researchers to reduce imaging times by a factor of 5, or to increase spatial resolution.
The 400 MHz Phased Array MRI CryoProbe is based on cryogenically-cooled, 4 channel array, RF coil technology that provides a combination of high sensitivity imaging and parallel acquisition capabilities for maximum imaging speed and highest spatial resolution in 9.4 Tesla BioSpec® systems. This cutting-edge technology provides unrivaled delineation of key information directly relevant to the early diagnosis of diseases, based on the in vivo detection of microscopic anatomical and functional abnormalities in small animals.
Benefiting from automatic selection, the probe integrates seamlessly with Bruker's ParaVision® 6 software, opening up a vast world of imaging protocols and experimental capabilities to the preclinical imaging researcher. Thanks to hardware recognition, and automatic tuning and matching for optimum performance and productivity, the Phased Array MRI CryoProbe is suited to routine imaging environments. The corresponding CryoPlatform supplies cold Helium gas via a closed loop circuit, eliminating any need for handling of cryogens. The patented temperature shielding technology guarantees safe operation and optimal performance.
Dr. Wolfgang Weber-Fahr, PI of the Translational Imaging Group at ZI Mannheim, commented: "We are very excited to work with this new Phased Array MRI CryoProbe technology and will benefit from the multi-channel array technology that it uses. This will allow us to push the boundaries of what is possible with MRI and MRS in rat imaging in the years to come. The close collaboration with Bruker will allow us to remain state-of-the-art with our MR hardware and software, and to explore novel preclinical imaging technologies."
Dr. Wulf Jung, President of Bruker BioSpin's Preclinical Imaging Division, added: "We are pleased to take this important next step in MRI CryoProbe preclinical technology, now extended to rat brain imaging. Having already proven an exceptional success in neuro and cardio preclinical imaging of mice applications, we are looking forward to seeing more benefits from this novel technology, as it brings new insights into neurodegenerative disease in rat models, beyond what is possible today."
Bruker is the pioneer and world leader in the development of cryogenically-cooled probes for high-resolution NMR, with over 1300 units sold worldwide in the last ten years. That expertise and foresight has been transferred successfully to the MRI CryoProbe, and in just the last few years, around 60 of these unique MRI coils have been successfully installed around the world.
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation is a leading provider of high performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as industrial, diagnostics and applied analysis. For more information, please visit www.bruker.com.
For more information on Bruker's preclinical imaging solutions, please visit www.preclinicalimaging.com.
Dr. Thorsten Thiel, 49 (721) 5161 - 6500
Director of Marketing Communications
Joshua Young, 1 978-663-3660, ext. 1479
Vice President, Investor Relations
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]