Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (9/10/12). "Press Release: Bruker Announces New Quantitative Proteomics Capabilities with Skyline Software. Collaboration with University of Washington to Support Proteomics Analysis of Bruker Mass Spectrometry Data". Boston, MA.
At the 11th HUPO Annual World Congress the MacCoss lab of Biological Mass Spectrometry at the University of Washington in Seattle introduces a new version of Skyline Software, now supporting Bruker maXis™ series ultra-high resolution ESI-Qq-TOF mass spectrometers.
Skyline is a widely used, open source proteomics software platform for building Selected Reaction Monitoring (SRM) / Multiple Reaction Monitoring (MRM) and Full-Scan (MS1 and MS/MS) quantitative methods and analyzing the resulting data. It employs cutting-edge technologies for creating and iteratively refining targeted methods for large-scale proteomics studies.
Recently, Skyline developers have added support for a variety of full-scan chromatography-based quantitative proteomics approaches for QTOF and ion trap instruments. These include: MS1 filtering, targeted MS/MS and data independent acquisition (DIA). This fall, the release of a version of Skyline is planned that will add full support of Bruker ESI-Qq-TOF instruments.
Combining Skyline software with Bruker's recently introduced complete proteomics solution comprised of the nanoAdvance™ UHPLC, the unique CaptiveSpray™ ion source and Ultra-High-Resolution UHR-TOF maXis™ impact will add new quantitative capabilities to Bruker's fully integrated proteomics solution. More detailed information about qualitative and quantitative proteomics on maXis impact and quantitative data analyses by Skyline will be presented at the Bruker users' meeting at the HUPO conference on Monday September 10th. (http://www.bdal.com/navi/meta/events/hupo-2012.html).
Brendan MacLean, Software Project Manager for Skyline at the University of Washington School of Medicine, Department of Genome Sciences, said: "The Bruker team has been great to work with. They have clearly made Skyline integration with their instruments a high priority, and the resulting level of interaction and progress in this joint effort is impressive."
Dr. Michael MacCoss, Professor at the University of Washington, School of Medicine, Department of Genome Sciences, said: "We are really excited to support the analysis of Bruker mass spectrometry data. We have always wanted Skyline to support all LC-MS data and we are thankful for the opportunity to expand our analysis capabilities to include Bruker instrumentation."
Dr. Alexander Harder, Director of Product Management at Bruker Daltonics, commented: "We are very pleased to enable our customers to work with Skyline. Brendan has created a team of very talented developers and with more than 12,500 installations of Skyline. The MacCoss lab has set the gold standard for targeted proteomics. This nicely complements our instruments and bioinformatics platform for proteomics applications."
For more information on Skyline and Bruker mass spectrometry solutions, visit: http://www.bruker.com/ms and http://proteome.gs.washington.edu/software/skyline.
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information, please visit http://www.bruker.com.
Bruker Daltonics, Inc.
Vicky Lander, 978-729-0369 (cell)
Global Director of Marketing Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]