Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (1/21/14). "Press Release: New Release of MALDI Biotyper Reference Library for Microbial Identification".
The extended coverage of clinical and industrial important microbial organisms plus additional spectra for already listed species further improves accuracy and speed of microbial identifications with the MALDI Biotyper.
The latest version of the reference library includes 13 new bacteria genera and 50 new bacteria species. The coverage of yeast species is now almost doubled by eight new genera and 63 new species. For microbial species already present in the database 800 new main spectra have been added improving the intra-species coverage and identification accuracy
Dr. Markus Kostrzewa, Vice President for Clinical Mass Spectrometry R&D: "We spent special focus on improved discrimination between Haemophilus influenza and Haemophilus haemolyticus as well as on enhanced identification of streptococci of the mitis/oralis/pneumoniae complex. The extension of Nocardia species facilitates the identification of this difficult to characterize bacteria group. The vast extension of our yeast library is the first outcome from our excellent collaboration with the Centraalbureau voor Schimmelcultures (CBS) Fungal Biodiversity Centre from which we expect significant impact in the near future."
About the MALDI Biotyper
The MALDI Biotyper family of systems enables molecular identification, and taxonomical classification or dereplication of microorganisms like bacteria, yeasts and fungi. Classification and identification of microorganisms is achieved reliably and quickly using proteomic fingerprinting by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
Applications of the MALDI Biotyper include clinical routine microbial identification, environmental and pharmaceutical analysis, taxonomical research, food and consumer product safety and quality control, as well as marine microbiology. In more than 1,000 laboratories the MALDI Biotyper has replaced classical biochemical testing for bacterial identification due to higher accuracy, typically much faster time-to-result, extensive species coverage, ease of use and cost effectiveness of the system.
The MALDI Biotyper method requires minimal sample preparation and offers low consumables cost. The products of the MALDI Biotyper family are available in a research-use-only (RUO) version, as the U.S. FDA-cleared MALDI Biotyper CA System, or in an IVD-CE version according to EU directive EC/98/79. The MALDI Biotyper also has medical device registrations in numerous other countries. Work-in-progress RUO versions of the MALDI Biotyper even allow selected high-value antimicrobial resistance tests in translational research.
For more information, please contact:
Direct Marketing Manager MALDI Biotyper
+49 421 2205-2041
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]