Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (1/21/14). "Press Release: New Release of MALDI Biotyper Reference Library for Microbial Identification".
The extended coverage of clinical and industrial important microbial organisms plus additional spectra for already listed species further improves accuracy and speed of microbial identifications with the MALDI Biotyper.
The latest version of the reference library includes 13 new bacteria genera and 50 new bacteria species. The coverage of yeast species is now almost doubled by eight new genera and 63 new species. For microbial species already present in the database 800 new main spectra have been added improving the intra-species coverage and identification accuracy
Dr. Markus Kostrzewa, Vice President for Clinical Mass Spectrometry R&D: "We spent special focus on improved discrimination between Haemophilus influenza and Haemophilus haemolyticus as well as on enhanced identification of streptococci of the mitis/oralis/pneumoniae complex. The extension of Nocardia species facilitates the identification of this difficult to characterize bacteria group. The vast extension of our yeast library is the first outcome from our excellent collaboration with the Centraalbureau voor Schimmelcultures (CBS) Fungal Biodiversity Centre from which we expect significant impact in the near future."
About the MALDI Biotyper
The MALDI Biotyper family of systems enables molecular identification, and taxonomical classification or dereplication of microorganisms like bacteria, yeasts and fungi. Classification and identification of microorganisms is achieved reliably and quickly using proteomic fingerprinting by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
Applications of the MALDI Biotyper include clinical routine microbial identification, environmental and pharmaceutical analysis, taxonomical research, food and consumer product safety and quality control, as well as marine microbiology. In more than 1,000 laboratories the MALDI Biotyper has replaced classical biochemical testing for bacterial identification due to higher accuracy, typically much faster time-to-result, extensive species coverage, ease of use and cost effectiveness of the system.
The MALDI Biotyper method requires minimal sample preparation and offers low consumables cost. The products of the MALDI Biotyper family are available in a research-use-only (RUO) version, as the U.S. FDA-cleared MALDI Biotyper CA System, or in an IVD-CE version according to EU directive EC/98/79. The MALDI Biotyper also has medical device registrations in numerous other countries. Work-in-progress RUO versions of the MALDI Biotyper even allow selected high-value antimicrobial resistance tests in translational research.
For more information, please contact:
Direct Marketing Manager MALDI Biotyper
+49 421 2205-2041
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]