Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces Enhanced Wine-Profiling Module 3.1 for its NMR FoodScreener". Billerica, MA.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||NMR FoodScreener™ module for wine|
|Person||Audet, Paula (Bruker 201205 Marketing Communications Specialist)|
Enhancements include more geographical regions, appellations, grape varieties and analysis for added water
Bruker today announced the release of the updated and enhanced version 3.1 Wine-Profiling module of the successful NMR FoodScreener platform. Developed and validated together with Bruker’s wine analysis consortium partners, Eurofins Scientific Group (Brussels, Belgium) and WineSpin-Analytics GmbH & Co. KG (Aspisheim, Germany), as well as further partners from the wine industry and the field of wine research, the new 3.1 release fulfils market needs for an improved coverage of white wines in the three most recent vintages and for better coverage of certain regions, appellations and grape varieties.
Wine-Profiling by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) combines quality control and testing of authenticity in a unique way. The new module, now based on 19,000 reference samples (an increase of 46% from version 3.0) delivers easy and cost efficient analysis for quality and authenticity of samples regarding origin, variety and the addition of water.
The new 3.1 Wine-Profiling module now adds the following capabilities:
> Verification of geographical origin by country for white wines (Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Spain) and for red wines (Chile).
> Verification of special regions: Bourgogne (red, white), Languedoc (red), Rhone (red) and Loire (red).
> Verification of certain appellations: Chablis (France) and Valpolicella (Italy), and one new grape variety: Verdejo (Spain)
Eric Jamin, Manager of the Eurofins Authenticity Competence Center, commented: “Food and drink authenticity and adulteration have taken on a new level of importance with consumers and producers in recent years, with even the U.S. FDA now taking measures to ensure wine quality. Eurofins is excited to begin using the FoodScreener for Wine-Profiling and ensure that wine industry quality standards are maintained. This is essential as quality and safety issues are of particular importance, as well as guaranteeing origin and authenticity.”
The analysis of wine using NMR spectroscopy is an innovative solution. The principle of the method relies on the acquisition of the spectroscopic fingerprint specific to each individual sample. These metabolic profiles are compared to a large database of authentic wine samples using a multivariate statistical approach. This high-throughput technique provides a wide range of information that is both targeted (quantification of defined substances) and non-targeted (identifying deviations from reference spectra).
Thomas Bocher, Market Manager for Food, Feed & Beverage at the Bruker BioSpin Group, commented: “We are really excited to bring this new and enhanced version to market, in collaboration with international experts and wine producers. Every year consumers are confronted with food scandals, damaging public trust in the integrity of food supply chains. Food quality and safety are important issues for manufacturers, retailers, government control agencies and consumer protection organizations. Our Wine-Profiling module 3.1 has improvements across the board from all existing models and addresses the need for improved coverage of white wines in the three most recent vintage years as well as better coverage of certain regions, appellations and grape varieties. Our solution provides a unique advantage for our customers in the wine industry.”
For more information about the NMR FoodScreener, please visit: www.bruker.com/NMR-FoodScreener
High resolution image attached or available from Scott Girling-Heathcote, Kapler Communications firstname.lastname@example.org
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker’s high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: www.bruker.com
Head of Public Relations and Content Marketing
Bruker BioSpin Group
T: +1 978 667 9580, ext. 5365
Record changed: 2017-01-05
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Nanoindenting Leader Hysitron". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Unique and Comprehensive Workflows for Biopharmaceutical Characterization, Automated by Biopharma Compass 2.0". Washington....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]