Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA.
The International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN), founded by Imperial College London and more than a dozen international partners in Australia, Canada, China, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, the US, and the UK (www.phenomenetwork.org), was launched officially this week at the 2016 World Innovation Summit for Health (WISH) conference in Doha, Qatar. This global network is a critical link between leading research centers across the world and will support research into some of today's most pressing global health challenges. Bruker (NASDAQ: BRKR) is very pleased to be the key IPCN corporate partner for NMR technologies, methods and the NMR standard operating procedures (SOPs), which are crucial for clinical metabolic research and validation.
The IPCN will greatly increase global research capabilities in the field of phenomics, the dynamic interactions between our genes and our environment. Through comprehensive analysis of biological fluids or tissue samples, phenomics examines how microbiomes, lifestyles and the environment interact with genes.
Phenomic analysis of metabolites is mainly driven by nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and liquid chromatography mass spectrometry analysis. The IPCN relies on the Bruker IVDr by NMR system, a biofluid metabolic 600 MHz NMR screening platform with well-documented and tested SOPs, for clinical and translational research.
Professor Jeremy Nicholson, Director of the MRC-NIHR UK Phenome Centre and Chair of the IPCN said: "NMR spectroscopy is a central pillar of molecular phenomics and systems metabolism - the place where genes and environment meet at individual and populations levels- and this is the origin of all our disease risks and our responses to therapies. We are of course delighted to continue our long standing strategic alliance with Bruker in this major new IPCN venture which is well placed to impact on our fight against some of the world's most challenging diseases and emergent disease threats."
Dr. Robert Trengove, Director of Separation Science and Metabolomics at Murdoch University in Perth, Australia commented: "We are very excited about the launch of the International Phenome Centre Network and to be a member from the start. We are certain that only such a network with complete standardization can address the challenges in healthcare which we want to overcome, using NMR and LC-MS as the major complementary phenomic analysis tools. The outstanding quantitative reproducibility of NMR allows us to integrate our metabolic data, be it targeted or untargeted, with that acquired on other NMR systems in the IPCN. This will support the discovery and validation of future diagnostic assays with worldwide validity."
Dr. Manfred Spraul, Chief Technology Officer of the Bruker BioSpin Applied, Industrial and Clinical (AIC) Division, added: "Phenomics holds great potential in healthcare, and the collaborative research being undertaken by the global phenome centers under the auspices of the IPCN could lead to the early detection and possible prevention of disease. Our IVDr NMR platform enables global clinical research collaborations and validation in phenomics, which is a key aspect of precision medicine."
For information about preclinical metabolic screening and diagnostics research by NMR: www.bruker.com/products/mr/nmr-preclinical-screening
For information about the IPCN: http://www.phenomenetwork.org/doc/IPCN_Press_Release_2016-11-29.pdf
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information: www.bruker.com
Head of Investor Relations
T: +1 (978) 663 - 3660 , ext. 1479
Dr. Thorsten Thiel
Head of Group Marketing and Communications
Bruker BioSpin Group
T: +49 (0)721 – 5161, ext. 6500
Record changed: 2016-12-22
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/14/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]