Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (5/24/11). "Press Release: Bruker Opens New Center of Excellence with Extended Applications Laboratories and Customer Support Capabilities at the Biopolis – Singapore’s Biomedical Hub". Singapore.
|Organisation||Bruker Singapore Center of Excellence|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB)|
|Product||magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)|
|Product 2||business development (state/region)|
|Person||Tang, George (Bruker 201105 General Manager of Bruker Singapore)|
|Person 2||Gin, Beh Swan (Singapore (govt) 201105 EDB)|
Bruker, a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial, clinical and applied analysis, celebrated the grand opening of its new Singapore Center of Excellence here today.
Located at the Helios in Biopolis, Singapore's biomedical research and development hub, Bruker Singapore provides sales and after-sales services for South East Asia, including a regional applications and customer training center equipped with the latest Bruker systems. Bruker Singapore also provides business and financial services for Bruker operations in the region, and Bruker Singapore is expected to become a significant life-science and applied markets research center.
Dr. Frank Laukien, Bruker's President and CEO, commented: "With this major investment in our new Center of Excellence, Bruker Singapore has taken a major step forward to provide highest-level support and collaboration capabilities for our research, biopharma, clinical and advanced materials and industrial customers in South East Asia. We have taken a keen interest in Singapore's progress on the biomedical and life sciences front. The proactive, long-term stance taken by the government and its agencies, such as EDB and A*Star, to support industry by anchoring scientific research activities here is an impressive model. I am very pleased that Bruker can be a part of this exciting development."
Bruker's analytical and research systems are well recognized for their innovation, highest performance and quality. The company's magnetic resonance (NMR, preclinical MRI and EPR) products are market-leading across all of Asia, and can also be found in A*Star's research centres, universities and pharmaceutical companies in Singapore. Bruker also offers a wide range of performance-leading life-science and materials research solutions, including systems for atomic force microscopy (AFM), stylus and optical metrology, X-ray diffraction and crystallography, X-ray and spark-OES elemental analysis, life-science and applied markets separations and mass spectrometry, as well as infrared and Raman spectroscopy.
Dr. Beh Swan Gin, Managing Director of the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) remarked: "I would like to congratulate Bruker Singapore on the opening of its new office that will better serve the Asian markets through customer training and applications support. Leading companies like Bruker that provide scientific equipment to support researchers, play an important role in the advancement of science and technology. We look forward to a continued partnership between Bruker and Singapore as the company grows its presence here."
Currently, Bruker Singapore has about 45 staff and expects to hire 10 - 20 more staff at the graduate to Ph.D. level as its business expands.
Mr. George Tang, General Manager of Bruker Singapore, said: "Our operations in Singapore have grown ten-fold since we first established a presence in 1998. Today, our new Center of Excellence in Singapore reflects our larger role in serving Singapore and South East Asia. As Singapore grows as a Science and Biomedical research hub, we want to facilitate its development by providing our equipment and expertise to our customer-partners through our presence here. We have recently entered the field of microbiology here in Singapore and are excited to see the latest proteomic microbial identification technology now supporting better clinical decisions in infectious disease management. Bruker is also increasingly outsourcing some of its production to Singapore and South East Asia, and we are of course a major technical tool provider and partner for Singapore's and the region's world-class semiconductor, data storage, solar and LED manufacturers."
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information, please visit www.bruker.com.
Issued on behalf of Bruker Singapore by Cogent Communications:
Mr Gerald Woon, +65 6323-1051
Media Contact for Bruker Corporation
Dr. Thorsten Thiel, +49 (721) 5161 - 6517
Director of Marketing Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]