Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/13/16). "Press Release: Bruker Optics Donates the Ludwig-Genzel-Prize 2016".
|Organisation||Bruker Optics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker BioSciences (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Johns Hopkins University|
Within the scope of the solid state physics conference LEES 2016 (Low Energy Electrodynamics in Solids) at the Biwa lake close to Kyoto (JPN), the Ludwig-Genzel-Prize was awarded to Professor N. Peter Armitage. The Ludwig-Genzel-Prize is awarded biyearly to a young scientist for exceptional contributions to the field of condensed-matter spectroscopy.
This year's laureate Professor N. Peter Armitage (Department of Physics and Astronomy, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA) was awarded for his important contributions to the research on correlated electron systems. One of many interesting examples for correlated electron systems are so-called topological insulators: they have the outstanding property only to conduct electrical currents on their surface while their volume acts as insulator. The chairman of the selection committee Professor Martin Dressel (1. Physikalisches Institut, University of Stuttgart) and Bruker Optics congratulate Professor Armitage and wishes an ongoing successful scientific career in the years ahead.
For further information regarding the already seven times donated Ludwig-Genzel-Prize and previous laureates see: http://www.pi1.uni-stuttgart.de/link/genzelpreis.html
Record changed: 2016-06-20
More documents for Bruker BioSciences (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (5/10/16). "Press Release: Bruker Launches the New MATRIX-MG Series Gas Analyzers". Munich....
-  Bruker Corporation. (5/10/16). "Press Release: The Senterra II – a New Level of Performance in Raman Microscopy". Munich....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Bruker Launches New BRAVO Handheld Raman Spectrometer for Raw Materials Identification". Ettlingen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (5/15/14). "Press Release: Bruker Wins Two Significant Orders for FT-NIR Spectrometers in China". Beijing....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/14). "Press Release: MIR-FIR Spectroscopy in One Step – an FT-IR Dream Becomes a Reality". Chicago, IL....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]