Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (12/10/12). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Multiple Placements of MALDI Biotyper Systems with Various German Federal, State and Local Government Authorities". Bremen.
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonik GmbH|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||LAVES (Niedersächsisches Landesamt für Verbraucherschutz und Lebensmittelsicherheit)|
|Group||Niedersachsen (govt region)|
|Product||MALDI Biotyper system|
|Product 2||food analysis (food testing)|
|Person||Pusch, Wolfgang (Bruker Daltonics 200905 VP Clinical Research + IVD Business)|
|Person 2||Lander, Victoria V. (Vicky) (Bruker 201207–201408 Global Director of Marketing Communciations)|
Bruker today announces multiple placements of MALDI Biotyper systems for rapid, differentiated and cost-effective microbial identification with various local, state and federal authorities and institutes in Germany. These local authorities are responsible for public health, animal health, food safety, consumer protection, agriculture and fisheries.
In recent years, European clinical laboratories have been increasingly performing routine microbial identification using MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. In contrast to previous biochemical testing methods, the MALDI Biotyper offers the benefit of very fast identification with results available in a few minutes starting from a culture plate. Additionally, the MALDI Biotyper reference library has broader coverage of microbial species as compared to commercially available biochemical methods and is applicable for isolates obtained from food safety and consumer protection sources. Frequently, isolates from these sources are not sufficiently represented in previous commercial identification systems.
Microbial identification with the MALDI Biotyper is done using a proteomic fingerprint. This unique species-specific pattern is automatically compared with proteomic fingerprints of reference spectra from more than 2100 species in the MALDI Bioptyper library. In addition, the MALDI Biotyper supports the Open Microbiology Concept which allows customers to generate their own entries from their own regional isolates via a push-button process and storage in a customer-specific sub-library.
Among recent new MALDI Biotyper customers are state and local authorities in Baden-Württemberg (www.ua-bw.de), Stuttgart (CVUA Stuttgart), Karlsruhe (CVUA Karlsruhe), Freiburg (CVUA Freiburg) and Aulendorf (STUA Aulendorf). Additional orders were received from authorities in Arnsberg (STUA Arnsberg), Rostock (LALLF Rostock, www.lallf.de) and Bad Langensalza (www.thueringen.de/de/tllv). Previously, authorities in Oldenburg (www.laves.niedersachsen.de), Krefeld (CVUA Krefeld) and Oberschleißheim (www.lgl.bayern.de) have implemented the MALDI Biotyper workflow.
Recently, the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung, Berlin, www.bfr.bund.de) and the Industry Control Office Hildesheim (www.gewerbeaufsicht.niedersachsen.de) have also chosen the MALDI Biotyper. As a result, a wide range of German state and local authorities, regulatory bodies and federal control institutes now rely on Bruker's MALDI Biotyper solution for their microbial identification requirements. Bruker complies with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 requirements for quality management in its MALDI Biotyper production facilities in Bremen (Germany) and in Billerica, Massachusetts (USA) in compliance with the strict quality assurance requirements of this customer group.
Dr. Jörg Rau at the CVUA Stuttgart commented: "In our laboratory we have utilized Bruker´s FT-IR spectroscopy instruments for a number of years. We see a general trend that such modern physical techniques increasingly replace outdated biochemical testing. Accordingly, it was a logical step to introduce also a MALDI-TOF MS based workflow with the MALDI Biotyper in our laboratory for broad identification and typing purposes to complement the FT-IR spectrometer. It is especially helpful that the MALDI Biotyper reference library is an open system, where we can add our own isolates, if needed. We can even exchange these new entries between our cooperating laboratory sites in Baden-Württemberg."
Dr. Wolfgang Pusch, Executive Vice President - Microbiology Business at Bruker Daltonics, added: "We are pleased that these authorities involved in consumer protection, food safety and risk assessment have selected the MALDI Biotyper for their microbiology labs. This clearly indicates that the Bruker MALDI Biotyper is setting new standards for high-quality, rapid and cost-effective methods for microbial identification for these laboratories. We see food safety testing as one of the additional broad application fields for our MALDI Biotyper systems."
About the Bruker MALDI Biotyper
The dedicated MALDI Biotyper solution enables molecular identification, and taxonomical classification or dereplication of microorganisms like bacteria, yeasts and fungi. Classification and identification of microorganisms is achieved reliably and quickly using proteomic fingerprinting by high-throughput MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Applications include clinical routine microbial identification, environmental and pharmaceutical analysis, taxonomical research, food and consumer product safety and quality control, as well as marine microbiology. The robust MALDI Biotyper method requires minimal sample preparation and offers low consumables cost. The MALDI Biotyper is available in a research-use-only version, or in an IVD-CE version according to EU directive EC/98/79 in various European countries.
ABOUT BRUKER CORPORATION (NASDAQ: BRKR)
Bruker is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information: www.bruker.com.
Bruker Daltonik GmbH, Bremen, Germany
Dr. Wolfgang Pusch, +49-421-2205-270
Vicky Lander, +1-978-663-3660
Director of Global Marketing Communications Services
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]