Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (8/27/09). "Press Release: Bruker to Present Major Instrument Innovations and Various Factory Activities for Customers at the 18th International Mass Spectrometry Conference in Bremen. Bruker Launches High-performance ETD Capabilities
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||AstraZeneca (Group)|
|Product||maXis™ ETD system|
|Product 2||ultrafleXtreme™ MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometer|
|Person||Asa, Darwin (HighRes Biosolutions 201511– Marketing Manager before Waters + Bruker Corp + ESA + Tecan)|
|Person 2||Richards, Don (Pfizer 200803 Head Structure Elucidation Pfizer UK Analytical R&D)|
Bruker Launches High-Performance ETD Capabilities for Proteomics on its Ultra-High Resolution maXis™, as well as a Novel, World-Record 18 Tesla FTMS Magnet for Extreme Mass Spectrometry Performance
The 18th International Mass Spectrometry Conference (IMSC) will open on August 30th, in Bremen, Germany, which is also the home of Bruker Daltonics, a leading developer of innovative life science mass spectrometry tools.
In addition to supporting IMSC as a Platinum Sponsor, and presenting more than 50 contributions in the scientific conference program, Bruker Daltonics has organized various workshops, customer days, exhibitions and company tours to present its mass spectrometry innovations to the scientific community:
* Sunday, August 30th: Bruker Daltonics International Users Conference
* Monday, August 31st and Tuesday, September 1st: Workshop Series "Achieving Highest Confidence with Complex Small Molecules Samples", and "New Tools for Biomarker Discovery", presented by MS experts including Don Richards (Pfizer Central Research Ltd., UK), Tony Bristow (AstraZeneca, UK), Gary Corthals (TCB, Finland), and Bernhard Kuester,(TU Munich, Germany)
* Monday, August 31st and Tuesday, September 1st: Live instrument demonstrations at our Bremen factory facility
* Wednesday, September 2nd: Bruker Daltonics factory tours running throughout the day;
At IMSC 2009, Bruker presents for the first time in Europe a number of truly innovative, high performance mass spectrometry platforms demonstrating Bruker's "Continuing Revolution" campaign to enable the life science community for an ever increasing range of scientific investigations, as well as for advanced applied and clinical methods:
* maXis™ enabled with ETD , a technique set to revolutionize the way scientists study protein primary and secondary structures, modifications, folding and function, will be demonstrated live at IMSC 2009 to an audience of international scientists. The maXis™ is a unique high-speed Ultra-High Resolution TOF (UHR-TOF) mass spectrometer for highest performance with no-compromise for small molecule and proteomics applications. Following on from its successful introduction in 2008 and the large number of installations completed worldwide in many leading pharmaceutical and academic laboratories, the next generation maXis including high-performance ETD is now a reality. For further information: www.bdal.com/maXis
* ultrafleXtreme™ is the only fully 1 kHz MS and MS/MS enabled MALDI-TOF/TOF system available and incorporates the new smartbeam™-II laser technology and a 4 GHz digitizer. Its unmatched proteomics performance shows broad-band mass resolving power up to 40,000 and 1 ppm mass accuracy. Its unique flexibility allows LC-MALDI TOF/TOF, label-free quantitation, top-down intact protein analysis, Edmass™ protein sequencing, polymer characterization and oligonucleotide analysis. A rapid self-cleaning ion source, industry-leading imaging software and laser focal diameters down to 10 µm deliver the most powerful and complete MALDI imaging system on the market. In addition, as recently announced, the integration of the Carl Zeiss' MIRAX Virtual Slide Scanner has enabled revolutionary advances in non-targeted molecular histology with high spatial resolution (research use only). Further information: www.bdal.com/ultrafleXtreme
* amaZon™ is the fastest ion trap available today with a 52,000 u/sec scan rate at 0.58 u mass resolution. The integration of novel, proprietary dual ion funnel technology, has increased sensitivity by an order of magnitude, and the second-generation ETD / PTR module for proteomics offers unmatched ETD sensitivity with high robustness and ease-of-use. A mass resolving power up to 20,000 in full scan mode across m/z 50-3000 makes top-down ETD experiments a reality. The fast MS data acquisition speed of 20 Hz with zero-delay polarity switching also makes amaZon the ideal instrument for all fast screening applications based on spectral libraries, including clinical toxicology and forensics. Further information: www.bdal.com/amaZon
* solariX™ is a next generation hybrid FTMS system, delivering a 10-fold improvement in sensitivity, an 8-fold gain in broadband ultra-high resolution (>1,000,000 at 7 T), and sub-ppm mass accuracy over a wide dynamic range. The complete engineering redesign makes this instrument extremely robust, uniquely powerful whilst also easy to use. SolariX is ideal for the analysis of very complex mixtures in top-down proteomics, with both ETD and ECD now as standard proteomics tools. Additional applications include petroleomics, metabolomics, and small-molecule drug and metabolite MALDI imaging on the dual ESI/MALDI source system. At the IMSC 2009, Bruker Daltonics announces the availability of the world's first 18 tesla (T) magnet designed for FTMS applications. This unique magnet system represents the world's highest field FTMS magnet, providing record-breaking scientific capabilities that can be applied to some of today's most important, complex and challenging protein, polymer and small molecule analyses. For further information: www.bdal.com/solariX
Bruker Daltonics staff will be available for in-depth meetings during exhibit hours at Bruker's IMSC booth D in Hall 4.0, Monday through Friday. On Monday evening, the Hospitality Suite at the Lloyd room, CCB, is open 6 - 9 pm. A special evening event is organized for Tuesday in the famous "Bremer Ratskeller" located in the 16th century Bremen town hall. An evening reception will take place on Wednesday 5 - 7 pm at the Bruker booth in Hall 4.0. For more information on Bruker's IMSC events, please visit www.bdal.com/imsc
ABOUT BRUKER DALTONICS: For more information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bdal.com and www.bruker.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6037575&lang=en
Darwin Asa, Ph.D., +1 978-663-3660, ext. 1149
Life-Science Marketing Manager,
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]