Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (5/14/12). "Press Release: Bruker to Deliver an Ultra-high Mass Resolution 15 Tesla FTMS System for Petroleomics to Ecopetrol S.A. in Colombia". Billerica, MA.
|Organisation||Bruker Corporation (Nasdaq: BRKR)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Instituto Colombiano del Petróleo (ICP)|
|Product||solariX™ FTMS platform|
|Product 2||crude oil (crude petroleum)|
|Index term||Ecopetrol–Bruker Corp: mass spectrometer, 201205– supply purchase $2.5m 15 Tesla solariX FTMS system by Instituto Colombiano Petróleo (ICP)|
|Person||Easterling, Michael (MIke) (Bruker Daltonics Inc)|
Bruker today announced an order valued at over $2.5 million from ECOPETROL S.A. for high field Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometry (FTMS) instrumentation to be commissioned in Piedecuesta, Colombia at the Instituto Colombiano del Petróleo (ICP). This institute serves as the research and development center for ECOPETROL S.A., a Fortune Global 500 provider of energy solutions.
The contract includes a 15 Tesla solariX™ FTMS system, the highest field FTMS product available today. The ultra-high mass resolution of this system provides a solution which is uniquely capable of providing distinct molecular characterization of highly complex mixtures, such as raw crude oil. With mass resolution capabilities many times greater than any other mass spectrometry technology, only the solariX FTMS can provide the specificity necessary for assigning molecular formulae to the components within extremely complex "heavy" crude oil samples. Such analyses are critical to allow for the clean and efficient use of heavier crude sources, as the worldwide supply of light crude is becoming depleted. Providing this essential competency has generated wide acceptance of Bruker's high field FTMS petroleomics solution within the energy and fuels sector, including industrial, government, and academic laboratories. This instrument will represent the highest magnetic field strength FTMS system installed in Latin America to date.
Dr. Andrea Gomez-Escudero, researcher at the ICP, stated: "The heavy nature of our crudes requires comprehensive characterization of our raw stock to optimize production processes, and the FTMS will be the primary tool for these advanced analyses."
For more information on ECOPETROL S.A., please visit http://www.ecopetrol.co
For more information on the solariX, please visit http://www.bruker.com/solariX
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information, please visit http://www.bruker.com.
Michael L. Easterling, Ph.D., +1-978-663-3660 x1488
FTMS Commercial Product Manager
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]