Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (5/14/12). "Press Release: Bruker to Deliver an Ultra-high Mass Resolution 15 Tesla FTMS System for Petroleomics to Ecopetrol S.A. in Colombia". Billerica, MA.
|Organisation||Bruker Corporation (Nasdaq: BRKR)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Instituto Colombiano del Petróleo (ICP)|
|Product||solariX™ FTMS platform|
|Product 2||crude oil (crude petroleum)|
|Index term||Ecopetrol–Bruker Corp: mass spectrometer, 201205– supply purchase $2.5m 15 Tesla solariX FTMS system by Instituto Colombiano Petróleo (ICP)|
|Person||Easterling, Michael (MIke) (Bruker Daltonics Inc)|
Bruker today announced an order valued at over $2.5 million from ECOPETROL S.A. for high field Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometry (FTMS) instrumentation to be commissioned in Piedecuesta, Colombia at the Instituto Colombiano del Petróleo (ICP). This institute serves as the research and development center for ECOPETROL S.A., a Fortune Global 500 provider of energy solutions.
The contract includes a 15 Tesla solariX™ FTMS system, the highest field FTMS product available today. The ultra-high mass resolution of this system provides a solution which is uniquely capable of providing distinct molecular characterization of highly complex mixtures, such as raw crude oil. With mass resolution capabilities many times greater than any other mass spectrometry technology, only the solariX FTMS can provide the specificity necessary for assigning molecular formulae to the components within extremely complex "heavy" crude oil samples. Such analyses are critical to allow for the clean and efficient use of heavier crude sources, as the worldwide supply of light crude is becoming depleted. Providing this essential competency has generated wide acceptance of Bruker's high field FTMS petroleomics solution within the energy and fuels sector, including industrial, government, and academic laboratories. This instrument will represent the highest magnetic field strength FTMS system installed in Latin America to date.
Dr. Andrea Gomez-Escudero, researcher at the ICP, stated: "The heavy nature of our crudes requires comprehensive characterization of our raw stock to optimize production processes, and the FTMS will be the primary tool for these advanced analyses."
For more information on ECOPETROL S.A., please visit http://www.ecopetrol.co
For more information on the solariX, please visit http://www.bruker.com/solariX
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information, please visit http://www.bruker.com.
Michael L. Easterling, Ph.D., +1-978-663-3660 x1488
FTMS Commercial Product Manager
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]