Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (3/6/12). "Press Release: Bruker High-field NMR and Mass Spectrometry Instrumentation at the National Polytechnic Institute of Mexico City Will Promote Nanoscience Research in Mexico". Mexico City.
A high-performance package of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) and Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry (TOF-MS) systems from Bruker will further strengthen the role of the National Polytechnic Institute (IPN) as a center of excellence for Nanoscience and Micro-Nanotechnology research in Mexico. Four Bruker high-end research instruments comprise this package, namely AVANCE™ III 750 and AVANCE III 400 NMR spectrometers , as well as MicrOTOF-Q™II ESI-QTOF and Autoflex Speed™ MALDI TOF/TOF mass spectrometers. All instruments will be located in the Institute's new Center for Nanoscience and Micro- and Nanotechnology (CNMN). With the AVANCE III 750, the Institute will host the highest field NMR spectrometer in Mexico.
The NMR and MS spectrometers will promote the Center's mission in supporting scientific research and knowledge with core competencies in nanosciences and nanotechnology, for eventual transfer of high-impact technical developments to the private and public sectors in Mexico and abroad.
The AVANCE III 750 includes a 750 MHz (17.6 Tesla) magnet based on Bruker's latest Ascend™ magnet technology. Ascend magnets feature advanced superconductors and proprietary magnet technology resulting in smaller physical size and lower weight for easier installation in customer laboratories. The AVANCE III 750 includes Bruker CryoProbe™ technology, enabling IPN researchers to benefit from the increased sensitivity of this cryogenically cooled probe, ideal for detecting small amounts of sample. Combining the CryoProbe with the AVANCE III's unprecedented level of digital control, speed, flexibility and exceptionally pure NMR frequency generation provides IPN an NMR platform perfectly suited to many of IPN´s research strengths, including nanotechnology, biotechnology, medicine and materials.
The micrOTOF-Q II ESI-Qq-TOF mass spectrometer features the latest technology to provide confidence for small molecule identification, metabolomics and proteomics. Easy molecular sum formula determination of small molecules, metabolic studies, analysis of complex mixtures, protein digests and intact proteins are key applications.
The Autoflex Speed MALDI TOF/TOF incorporates Bruker's proprietary smartbeam™-II laser technology for uncompromised laser performance to combine the advantages of both the proven analytical performance of nitrogen lasers and all-solid-state laser reliability. The Autoflex Speed is optimized to be a robust system for applications such as detailed protein/peptide characterization, synthetic polymer analysis, high resolution MALDI imaging and glycan analysis.
Dr. Gerardo Cabañas Moreno, Director of the CNMN of IPN, stated: "We are very pleased with our decision to select Bruker's NMR and mass spectrometry instrumentation to equip our new Center. These advanced, new platforms will have an immediate and significant impact in a broad range of experiments, focused on nanotechnology, biotechnology, life sciences and several engineering fields. This shows again the clear commitment from IPN´s General Director, Dr. Yoloxóchitl Bustamante Díez, to improve the standing of our Institution at the national and international level."
Dr. Werner Maas, President of Bruker BioSpin, added: "Bruker is honored to support the growing science community in Mexico. The establishment of the CNMN exemplifies the commitment of the Instituto Politécnico Nacional to increasing the quality of research and establishing an international presence with the addition of these state-of-the-art NMR and MS instruments."
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as industrial and applied analysis. For more information, please visit http://www.bruker.com.
Dr. Thorsten Thiel, +49 (721) 5161-6517
Director of Marketing Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]