Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (12/13/10). "Press Release: Bruker Receives Order from the University of Utrecht for a Novel 527 GHz Solid State DNP-NMR System for Research on Membrane Proteins and Protein Complexes". Utrecht.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||University of Utrecht, Bijvoet Center|
|Group||University of Utrecht (Utrecht University)|
Bruker announces the first order for a novel and unique 527 GHz Solid State DNP-NMRsystem, based on an ultra-high field NMR system. Dynamic Nuclear Polarization (DNP) has been shown to greatly increase solid-state NMR sensitivity for numerous bio-solids and advanced materials research applications. Based on Bruker's proven 263 GHz Solid State DNP-NMR system, this new development aims to double the field strength at which commercial DNP-NMR can be performed, in order to deliver the highest sensitivity in solid state NMR. The expected enhancements will open new frontiers in structural biology and membrane protein research.
The first system is expected to be delivered to the Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research at the University of Utrecht, setting the ground for a long-term research collaboration between of Professor Marc Baldus and Bruker. The aim is to develop high-field DNP techniques and applications for innovative biomolecular studies involving the structure, dynamics and function of membrane proteins and protein complexes. Funds for the purchase of the 527 GHz Solid State DNP-NMR system were provided by a competitive award from the Dutch Science Foundation (NWO) with matching funds from the University of Utrecht.
DNP can significantly enhance the sensitivity of many solid state NMR studies by transferring polarization from the electron spins to the nuclear spins. The solid state DNP-NMR technology commercialized by Bruker finds it origins in the pioneering work of Robert Griffin and Richard Temkin at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The 527 GHz Solid State DNP-NMR system will utilize a 527 GHz gyrotron as the high-power microwave source, an 18.8T (800 MHz NMR frequency) superconducting 89 mm widebore magnet, plus Bruker's ultra-fast Avance(TM) III electronics.
Dr. Marc Baldus, Professor of Structural Biology at the University of Utrecht, commented: "The new instrument will provide exciting possibilities to bridge the gap between traditional structural biology and cell biology. Using DNP-NMR, we will be able to obtain atomic information about biological processes and their failure under in-situ conditions."
Dr. Werner Maas, President of Bruker BioSpin, added: "We are excited by this opportunity to collaborate with Professor Baldus and to participate at the forefront of science. We are confident that our collaboration and the new 527 GHz DNP-NMR system will yield breakthrough capabilities and results, and will provide novel insights into the understanding of protein function and interactions."
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information about Bruker: www.bruker.com
Dr. Thorsten Thiel, +49 (0)721 - 5161 - 6517
Director of Marketing Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]