Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (11/23/11). "Press Release: Bruker and Symphony Environmental Sign Agreement on X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Technology Enabling Identification of the Components of Plastic". Kennewick, WA & London.
|Organisation||Bruker Elemental GmbH|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||X-ray fluorescence technology (XRF)|
|Product 2||plastic products|
|Person||Landefeld, John (Bruker 201111 Managing Director of Bruker Elemental)|
|Person 2||Laurier, Michael (Symphony Environmental 201111 CEO)|
After a one year cooperative development, Bruker Corporation and Symphony Environmental Ltd have signed a contract for the exclusive supply of Bruker's X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) taggant technology to Symphony for the identification of pro-degradant, anti-microbial and anti-fungal additives in plastic. This multi-year agreement will give Symphony and their customers the ability to unambiguously determine that plastic contains the proper components to ensure that it will perform as intended. Bruker's patented technology is contained in a lightweight handheld XRF analyzer, which can be taken into the field to perform measurements at almost any location in the world.
The Symphony d2w pro-degradant improves the speed at which plastic packaging will degrade, and in combination with the Bruker XRF technology allows rapid proof that the pro-degradant is present, as required by law in many countries now, or that d2p anti-microbial additive is present. "We are pleased with this agreement, as it reflects the strength and effectiveness of our XRF taggant technology," said John Landefeld, Bruker Elemental Managing Director.
Symphony's CEO, Michael Laurier, stated: "We are pleased to add this portable technology - marketed by Symphony as "d2Detector(R)" to the service that we offer to brand-owners and law-enforcement agencies, who need to know instantly that plastic products have been correctly made and are not counterfeit. Standing behind the d2Detector are Symphony's specialist laboratories which offer free in-depth service to our customers." Enquiries for the d2Detector should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Symphony: Symphony (SYM.L) is the only public company specializing in oxo-biodegradable plastics. Symphony's d2w(R) technology turns plastic at the end of its service-life into a material with a completely different molecular structure. At that stage it is no longer a plastic and can be bio-assimilated in the open environment in the same way as a leaf. Symphony also supplies a range of d2p(R) additives to make plastic hostile to bacteria.
Symphony is now serving 96 countries through 67 Distributors. It has invested heavily in R&D and is continuing to develop innovative environmental technology. Symphony is a member of the Oxo-biodegradable Plastics Association (http://www.biodeg.org), the Society for the Chemical Industry (UK), the British Plastics Federation, and the European Organisation for Packaging & the Environment (EUROPEN). Symphony participates in the Committee work of the American Standards organization (ASTM), the British Standards Institute (BSI), the European Standards Organization (CEN), and the International Standards Organization (ISO).
For a video of d2w plastic degrading, see http://degradable.net/play-videos/4
For d2p see http://degradable.net/d2p-antimicrobial/d2p-antimicrobial
About Bruker Corporation: Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. The Bruker Elemental division designs and manufactures handheld XRF spectrometers in Kennewick, Washington (USA). Handheld XRF is a quick, safe and non-destructive method of evaluating a material's elemental composition from Magnesium (Mg) to Uranium (U).
For more information, please visit http://www.bruker.com/hhxrf.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50082471&lang=en
SOURCE: Bruker Corporation
Media Contact for Symphony
Nina Kerkez, 0208-207-5900
Media Contact for Bruker Elemental
Jerry Sooter, +1 509-783-9850
Marketing Manager, Bruker Elemental Division
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]