Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Bruker Unveils Next-generation Preclinical Imaging Systems for Advanced Translational Research at World Molecular Imaging Congress". New York, NY.
|Region||New York, NY|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Corporation (Nasdaq: BRKR)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||K.U. Leuven (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven) (BE)|
|Product||SkyScan™ 1276 microCT system|
|Person||Jung, Wulf I. (Bruker 201009 Managing Director of Bruker BioSpin GmbH)|
|Person 2||Thiel, Thorsten (Bruker 201204 Director Marketing Communications)|
New, highest-performance microCT system and novel SiPM PET insert for simultaneous PET/MRI introduced
Bruker today unveils two new preclinical imaging systems at the World Molecular Imaging Congress 2016 (WMIC: http://www.wmis.org) in New York. The new systems are designed to deliver highest performance and improved convenience for routine imaging, and enable novel translational research into the causes, progression, as well as potential diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Bruker's new SkyScan™ 1276 microCT (X-ray micro-Computed Tomography) combines highest resolution, speed, accessibility and other innovations to advance improved in vivo scanning of small laboratory animals and of in vitro biological samples in preclinical studies. With continuously variable magnification, including a smallest pixel size of 2.8µm, and a shortest scanning cycle of 3.9 seconds, the SkyScan 1276 gives researchers access to highest-quality images at higher throughput. The SkyScan 1276 also is the world's first in vivo microCT system with rapid helical scanning, and with unique InstaRecon® technology to reconstruct images up to 8000x8000 pixels per slice, faster than any other conventional algorithm. Researchers will also benefit from easy system control by a user-friendly touchscreen and the ability to view and share images on any iOS or android mobile device.
At WMIC 2016, Bruker is also showing its performance-leading Silicon photomultiplier (SiPM) PET insert for simultaneous PET/MRI (Positron Emission Tomography / Magnetic Resonance Imaging) investigations in mice and rats. This novel PET insert is compatible with MRI systems up to 15.2 Tesla and allows simultaneous measurements for the perfect correlation of PET and MRI data in space and time, in order to examine tracer kinetics, therapeutic agent distribution and animal physiology. The new, work-in-progress PET insert has been successfully installed in a 7 Tesla 30 cm magnet in a Bruker preclinical MRI system at the University of Leuven, Belgium under the guidance of Dr. Christophe Deroose, Professor of Nuclear Medicine.
Dr. Uwe Himmelreich, Professor at the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Imaging and Pathology at the University of Leuven, commented: "The new Bruker SiPM PET insert enables us to produce improved PET resolution through MRI-based motion correction, and to guide external interventions in real time. The simultaneous measurements offered us high research throughput, and its unique Full Field Accuracy (FFA) facilitates consistent quantification across the entire field-of-view. With 0.7mm resolution and 12% sensitivity, this high-performance PET insert provides us with a complete solution that seamlessly integrates into the workflows and software of our existing Bruker MRI system."
"We are delighted to showcase our latest innovations here at the World Molecular Imaging Congress 2016," said Dr. Wulf I. Jung, President of Bruker's Preclinical Imaging Division. "With the introduction of the performance-leading SkyScan 1276 microCT system, and the successful customer trial of the novel simultaneous SiPM PET insert at the University of Leuven, Bruker continues to drive innovation in preclinical imaging that enables our customers to advance their translational research."
For more information about Bruker at WMIC 2016, visit https://www.bruker.com/wmic.
Please register here for our industry workshop on Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 6 pm in order to learn more about Bruker's vision for the future of preclinical imaging.
About Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR)
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics.
For more information, please visit: www.bruker.com/preclinicalimaging
Dr. Thorsten Thiel
Director of Marketing and Communications
Bruker BioSpin Group
T: +49 (0)721 – 5161 – 6500
Director, Investor Relations
T: +1 (978) 663-3660 x1115
Record changed: 2016-10-21
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/29/17). "Press Release: Signaling Continued Investment in China, Bruker Open Beijing Center of Excellence". Beijing....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces Novel NMR Solutions at ENC 2017". Asilomar, CA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces the AVANCE NEO NMR Research Platform at ENC 2017". Asilomar, CA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/14/17). "Press Release: Data-safe Process & Quality Control of APIs and Inorganic Impurities with Bruker´s EDXRF Spectrometer S2 PUMA"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]