Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (3/1/13). "Press Release: Bruker Wins Largest Ever UK Order for NMR Instrumentation". Coventry.
|Region||United Kingdom (GB)|
|Organisation||Bruker UK Ltd.|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||AVANCE™ III spectrometer|
|Product 2||structural biology|
|Person||Lea, Jeremy (Bruker 201209 Managing Director of Bruker UK Ltd)|
|Person 2||McAlister, Andy (Bruker Corp 201303 Marketing Communications Manager at Bruker UK Ltd)|
The Order from the Medical Research Council for High Resolution NMR Will Drive New Research into Structural Biology Relevant to Human Health and Disease Processes
Today, Bruker announced the award of the largest ever UK NMR contract, from the Medical Research Council (MRC) for the supply of an extensive range of the latest AVANCE III HD NMR instruments, including the highest field in Britain, a 950 MHz (22.3 Tesla) NMR system.
The cutting edge instrumentation will be installed at the MRC Biomedical NMR Centre, situated at Mill Hill in north London, as part of the National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) - a world leading medical research institute.
The new instruments will provide a prominent facility for scientists from NIMR and other academic research establishments within the UK, significantly extending research capabilities in structural biology relevant to human health and disease processes.
In particular, they will provide improved routes to a wide range of previously difficult to acquire information such as the determination of the structure and dynamics of proteins, and the identification of interaction surfaces between the components of macromolecular complexes.
Dr. Tom Frenkiel, Head of the MRC Biomedical NMR Centre, said "These instruments, and especially the 950, represent a very significant enhancement of the UK's NMR infrastructure. We are looking forward to working with Bruker to get the spectrometers up and running here later this year, where they will benefit both intra-mural and extra-mural research programs as part of the MRC's nationally accessible NMR facility. The eventual home of the instruments is in the Francis Crick institute, which is currently under construction."
Jeremy Lea, Managing Director, Bruker UK Limited, commented, "Bruker has for some years been a key supplier of analytical instrumentation to the world class MRC Biomedical NMR Centre and we are honored to be able to contribute with these latest technology and state-of the art NMR systems. We are also looking forward to the future location of the facility in the new Francis Crick Institute in central London."
Marketing Communications Manager
Bruker UK Limited
Tel: +44 (24) 7685 5200
Note to editors:
To learn more about the MRC and The Francis Crick Institute please visit www.mrc.ac.uk and www.crick.ac.uk respectively.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]