Document › Details
Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (10/4/10). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH Appoints Prof. Dr. Rainer Metternich as Managing Director, Chief Business Officer and Chief Operationg Officer". Berlin & Burlington, MA.
|Organisation||Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH|
|Organisation 2||Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK)|
|Group||Merck (US) (Group)|
|Product||CCMS technology (Capture Compound Mass Spectrometry)|
|Person||Metternich, Rainer (Caprotec 201010– Managing Director / CBO + COO before Merck & Co before Schering before Novartis)|
|Person 2||Köster, Hubert (Caprotec 200805–201009 Managing Director + Univ Hamburg + Sequenom founder + CEO)|
caprotec bioanalytics GmbH announced today the appointment of Prof. Dr. Rainer Metternich as Managing Director, Chief Business Officer and Chief Operating Officer of the company. Prior to joining caprotec, Prof. Metternich held senior leadership positions at Merck & Co., Schering AG and Novartis.
"Professor Metternich is a prominent and respected leader in the global pharmaceutical industry,” said caprotec founder and CEO Prof. Dr. Hubert Köster. “We are delighted to have him join caprotec’s management team. His leadership experience, comprehensive knowledge of the drug discovery and development process, and international research network are exactly what we need for the future growth of our company.”
”caprotec’s exciting CCMS technology has an enormous potential to increase the success rate of drug development due to its capability to determine drug targets and mode of
action and to understand adverse side effects causing protein interactions early in the drug development process,” stated Prof. Metternich. “Of particular value is that this information can be generated from the human proteome, including the medically most important membrane proteins. Thus CCMS has the potential to address one of the most daunting issues of the drug development process: the attrition rate.”
“The technology has already been validated by proof-of-concept experiments, described in experimental detail in several peer-reviewed publications and has led to several research collaborations with the pharmaceutical industry,” continued Prof. Metternich. “I look forward to contributing to the successful commercialization of this technology in its broad range of applications.“
"From an investor’s point of view, this is the ideal situation. caprotec has now completed its management team with scientific, managerial and entrepreneurial skills
on a world-class level," stated Karlheinz Schmelig, Partner with Creathor Ventures and Ute Mercker, Fond Manager at Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH of the Investitionsbank
Before joining caprotec, Prof. Metternich was Vice President and Basic Research Site Head at Merck & Co in West Point, PA. Prior to that, he was Executive Vice President and Member of the Executive Committee at Schering AG in Berlin, and, before that, was Global Senior Chemistry Expert at Novartis in Basel. He earned his doctorate degree in organic chemistry from the University at Marburg, Germany, was a postdoctoral fellow
at Harvard University with Professor David A. Evans and spent a Sabbatical at the University of California, Berkeley with Professor Paul A. Bartlett. He is on the editorial board of several leading scientific journals and a member of several Scientific Advisory Boards of academic, private and non-profit research organizations. He is the author of many peer-reviewed scientific publications.
About caprotec bioanalytics GmbH
caprotec bioanalytics is headquartered in Berlin, Germany with a US subsidiary in Burlington, MA. The company focuses on the commercialization of its proprietary Capture Compound Mass Spectrometry™ (CCMS) technology. The core of the CCMS
technology consists of small, tri-functional molecules called Capture Compounds (CCs). They enable a targeted isolation of proteins directly from complex biological samples.
After isolation the captured proteins are identified and characterized by mass spectrometry. Providing a state-of-the-art platform for the isolation and analysis of proteins from complex mixtures, the CCMS technology has enormous potential in
proteomics, drug development and the development of biomarkers. The technology is protected by a broad patent portfolio. The company is supported by an international
scientific advisory board including one Nobel Laureate.
caprotec bioanalytics GmbH
Volmer Str. 5, 12489 Berlin
Tel.: +49 (0)30-6392-3990
Fax: +49 (0)30-6392-3989
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (8/12/13). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics and Syngenta Announce Research Collaboration". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (7/22/13). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics and Bayer CropScience Announce Second Collaborative Research Agreement". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (10/18/12). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Appoints Dr. Jonathan Turner as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (2/8/12). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Further Patent Protection of Its CCMS Technology". Berlin....
-  Leibniz-Institut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP). (12/9/11). "Pressemitteilung: Caprotec und FMP gemeinsam gegen den Krebs"....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (12/8/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Discovers Novel Drug-Protein Interactions of Three Anti-cancer Drugs Using Its CCMS Technology". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (12/6/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Collaborative Research Agreement with Bayer CropScience". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (7/12/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH Appoints Marc Voigt as Managing Director, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (11/9/10). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Increases Series B Financing in Second Closing to EUR 5 Million". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (2/28/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Issuance in Europe of All Core Patents of Its CCMS Technology". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]