Document › Details
Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (1/19/09). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Launch of New Products for Research and Drug Development". Berlin.
|Organisation||Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH|
|Product 2||CCMS technology (Capture Compound Mass Spectrometry)|
|Person||Köster, Hubert (Caprotec 200805201009 Managing Director + Univ Hamburg + Sequenom founder + CEO)|
caprotec bioanalytics GmbH announced today that they completed the commercial launch of their first two caproKitsTM. The products are designed for researchers in the area of proteomics and drug development who are interested in small molecule protein interactions. The two products are called SAH caproKit and cAMP caproKit, respectively.
caproKits are based on caprotecs proprietary Capture Compound Mass Spectrometry (CCMS) technology, a novel and direct way to investigate small molecule-protein interactions resulting in a significant functional reduction of proteome complexity. Capture Compounds enable to directly isolate and identify selected proteins including membrane proteins out of any complex biological sample.
The SAH caproKit enables the discovery, identification and characterization of proteins that interact with SAH and SAM (S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine and S-adenosyl-L-methionine, respectively). These proteins play pivotal roles in many metabolic and regulatory processes, for example as methyltransferases in epigenetic processes that control the expression patterns of many genes.
The cAMP caproKit enables discovery, identification and characterization of proteins that interact with cAMP (cyclic adenosine monophosphate) an important molecule in the process of signal transduction within cells.
The SAH- and cAMP caproKits have both been rigorously tested inhouse and by our external beta testers and their performance has exceeded our expectations. Testers of the new products include prestigious, world-renown research institutions, for example RWTH Aachen and Johns Hopkins University and commercial entities such as New England Biolabs stated Dr. Hubert Köster, CEO of caprotec bioanalytics.
These Capture Compounds are Chemical Biology at its best. They led to identification of proteins that specifically bind to small molecules, like cofactors, ligands, inhibitors or drugs, and will have a tremendous impact on basic research in proteomics as well as in pharmaceutical research, states Prof. Elmar Weinhold from the Institute of Organic Chemistry, RWTH Aachen University in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
Dr. Köster continues: We are also very pleased to report first orders for the new products and have already started to ship caproKits to our customers. These two new caproKits are but the beginning of a series of products that we are planning to release. Additional caproKits will be launched on a quarterly basis as we continue to build product lines that
are aimed at the areas of epigentics, protein kinases and hormone research.
Both new caproKits will be presented at the US HUPO Meeting in San Diego, CA from February 22nd to 25th where caprotec is exhibiting and invited to an oral presentation of a poster entitled: Small Molecule
Capture Compounds towards a targeted reduction of proteome complexity.
About caprotec bioanalytics GmbH
caprotec bioanalytics GmbH is a Berlin-based biotech company focusing on the commercialization of its proprietary Capture Compound Mass Spectrometry (CCMS) technology. The core of the CCMS technology consists of small, tri]functional molecules called capture compounds (CCs). They enable a targeted isolation of proteins directly from complex biological samples. After isolation the captured proteins are identified and characterized by mass spectrometry. Providing a state-of-the-art platform for the isolation and analysis of proteins from complex mixtures, the CCMS technology has enormous potential in proteomics, drug development and the development of biomarkers. The technology is protected by a broad patent portfolio.
caprotec bioanalytics was founded in 2006 by Prof. Dr. Hubert Köster, a long-experienced innovator and serial entrepreneur in the field of biotech. His track records include the foundation of Biosyntech, the first biotech company in Germany, the co-foundation of Milligen/Biosearch and the foundation of Sequenom Inc. As CEO and President of Sequenom he was responsible for one of the most successful US biotech IPOs at the NASDAQ.
After closing a financing round of EUR 6 million caprotec bioanalytics started operations in January 2008 in Berlin-Adlershof. The company is supported by an international scientific advisory board including one Nobel Laureate.
For further information please contact:
caprotec bioanalytics GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0)30-6392-3990
About RWTH Aachen University
Prof. Dr. Elmar Weinhold is member of the chemistry faculty at the RWTH Aachen since 2000. The research of his team is mainly focussed on the development of chemical tools for genome and proteome analyses. Analogues of the ubiquitous cofactor SAM (S-adenosyl-L-methionine) are obtained by organic synthesis and used in combination with natural SAM-dependent methyltransferases for specific labelling of DNA and proteins. In addition, capture compounds with
the cofactor product SAH (S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine) or other selectivity functions are synthesised and used for the isolation and analysis of various sub-proteomes.
For further information please contact:
Prof. Dr. Elmar Weinhold
Institute of Organic Chemistry
RWTH Aachen University
Tel.: +49 (0)241-80-94044
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (8/12/13). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics and Syngenta Announce Research Collaboration". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (7/22/13). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics and Bayer CropScience Announce Second Collaborative Research Agreement". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (10/18/12). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Appoints Dr. Jonathan Turner as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (2/8/12). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Further Patent Protection of Its CCMS Technology". Berlin....
-  Leibniz-Institut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP). (12/9/11). "Pressemitteilung: Caprotec und FMP gemeinsam gegen den Krebs"....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (12/8/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Discovers Novel Drug-Protein Interactions of Three Anti-cancer Drugs Using Its CCMS Technology". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (12/6/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Collaborative Research Agreement with Bayer CropScience". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (7/12/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH Appoints Marc Voigt as Managing Director, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (11/9/10). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Increases Series B Financing in Second Closing to EUR 5 Million". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (2/28/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Issuance in Europe of All Core Patents of Its CCMS Technology". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]