Document › Details
Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (1/26/10). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Commercial Launch of Three New caproKits for Applications in Proteomics and Drug Development". Berlin & Burlington, MA.
caprotec bioanalytics GmbH announced today the commercial launch of three new caproKits(TM), enabling the discovery, identification and characterization of proteins belonging to the groups of metallo-proteases, histon-deacetylases and GDP/GTP binding
The three new kits are the Marimastat caproKit, SAHA caproKit and GDP caproKit,
respectively and increase the number of commercially available caproKits to a total
The company’s caproKits are based on the proprietary Capture Compound Mass
Spectrometry (CCMS) technology, a novel and direct way to investigate small
molecule - protein interactions resulting in a significant functional reduction of
proteome complexity. Capture Compounds(TM) enable direct isolation and
identification of proteins including membrane proteins out of complex biological
The new and existing caproKits target different areas of research ranging from
signal transduction (cAMP, cGMP, Stauro and the new GDP caproKit) to epigenetics
(SAH and the new SAHA caproKit), and proteases (Marimastat caproKit). Additional
caproKits for applications in these and other research areas are under development
and will be released in the coming months.
“Our new caproKits are innovative and effective tools for researchers in the field of
proteomics needing a solution for targeted reduction of sample complexity,” stated
Dr. Hubert Köster, CEO of caprotec bioanalytics. “Our most recent scientific
publications in Molecular and Cellular Proteomics and Toxicological Sciences provide
powerful testimonials for the capabilities of our CCMS technology.“
About caprotec bioanalytics GmbH
caprotec bioanalytics is headquartered in Berlin, Germany with a US subsidiary in
Burlington, MA. The company focuses on the commercialization of its proprietary
Capture Compound Mass Spectrometry (CCMS) technology. The core of the CCMS
technology consists of small, tri-functional molecules called Capture
Compounds(TM). They enable a targeted isolation of proteins directly from complex
biological samples. After isolation the captured proteins are identified and
characterized by mass spectrometry or gel electrophoresis and Western blotting.
Providing a state-of-the-art platform for the isolation and analysis of proteins from
complex mixtures, the CCMS technology has enormous potential in proteomics, drug
development and the development of biomarkers. The technology is protected by a
broad patent portfolio.
Luo, Y. et al. (2009), Mol. Cell. Proteomics 8, pp. 2843-2856: The cAMP capture
compound mass spectrometry as a novel tool for targeting cAMP-binding proteins:
from protein kinase A to potassium/sodium hyperpolarization-activated cyclic
Fischer, J.J. et al. (2009), Toxicol. Sci., in press, advanced online publication
available: Capture Compound Mass Spectrometry (CCMS) Sheds Light on the
Molecular Mechanisms of Liver Toxicity of two Parkinson Drugs.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Hubert Köster, CEO, caprotec GmbH
Phone: +49 (0)30-6392-3990
Dr. Christian Jurinke, President, caprotec Inc.
Phone: (781) 685-4992
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (8/12/13). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics and Syngenta Announce Research Collaboration". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (7/22/13). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics and Bayer CropScience Announce Second Collaborative Research Agreement". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (10/18/12). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Appoints Dr. Jonathan Turner as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer". Berlin....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (2/8/12). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Further Patent Protection of Its CCMS Technology". Berlin....
-  Leibniz-Institut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP). (12/9/11). "Pressemitteilung: Caprotec und FMP gemeinsam gegen den Krebs"....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (12/8/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Discovers Novel Drug-Protein Interactions of Three Anti-cancer Drugs Using Its CCMS Technology". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (12/6/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Collaborative Research Agreement with Bayer CropScience". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (7/12/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH Appoints Marc Voigt as Managing Director, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (11/9/10). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Increases Series B Financing in Second Closing to EUR 5 Million". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
-  Caprotec Bioanalytics GmbH. (2/28/11). "Press Release: Caprotec Bioanalytics Announces Issuance in Europe of All Core Patents of Its CCMS Technology". Berlin & Burlington, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]