Document › Details
Cerno Bioscience LLC. (9/21/10). "Press Release: Cerno Bioscience Announces Spectral Accuracy Is a Proven Companion Concept to Mass Accuracy for Mass Spectrometry". Danbury, CT.
|Organisation||Cerno Bioscience LLC|
|Organisation 2||Scott Partnership Ltd., The|
|Group||Scott Partnership (Group)|
|Product||MassWorks™ CLIPS software|
|Product 2||mass spectrometer|
|Index term 2||Cerno Bioscience–Scott Partnership: public relations, 200710 service existent|
|Person||Wang, Yongdong (Cerno Bioscience 200903 President)|
|Person 2||Robinson, Fiona (Scott Partnership 200710)|
Cerno Bioscience today announces that spectral accuracy is a proven companion concept for mass spectrometry (MS). Spectral accuracy, a companion concept to the better known mass accuracy, enables new capabilities for MS previously thought unfeasible. These include elemental composition determination (formula ID) with even a single quadrupole GC/MS or LC/MS and the elimination of up to 99% of incorrect formulas on high resolution MS systems through mass accuracy alone.
The concept of spectral accuracy for MS has more crucial relevance to the ions being measured and the MS instrumentation used. By utilizing a novel calibration scheme to correct not only m/z but more importantly peak shape, up to 100 times better mass accuracy and unparallel spectral accuracy could be achieved on an otherwise conventional unit mass resolution quadrupole system for elemental composition determination, a capability typically reserved for higher resolution MS systems. This is accomplished through a process called CLIPS™ in the commercially available MassWorks™ software. Equally importantly, the unique peak shape calibration (sCLIPS™) of high resolution MS data obtained with TOF, qTOF, Orbitrap or other FTMS systems can achieve high spectral accuracy to eliminate the majority of incorrect formula candidates from consideration.
A new paper entitled: “The Concept of Spectral Accuracy for MS” which discusses and demonstrates this concept in more detail has been published in Analytical Chemistry, a leading peer-reviewed publication and is the September 1 issue front cover feature. To access Cerno Bioscience’s recently published article in Analytical Chemistry, please visit http://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/ac100888b
Dr. Yongdong Wang, President of Cerno Bioscience comments: “After being awarded the most innovative new product at its debut at PittCon 2006, MassWorks has enjoyed great commercial success with 100% growth year-after-year by winning over hundreds of loyal users worldwide, even during the economic recession. The acceptance and publication of this cover feature article by this authoritative journal marks another important milestone for Cerno by underscoring the technical superiority of Cerno technologies.”
For more information on Cerno Bioscience and MassWorks, please email email@example.com, call +1 203-312-1150, or visit www.cernobioscience.com.
- ENDS -
For further press information please contact Fiona Robinson, 1 Whiteside, Station Road, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, CW4 8AA Tel: 44 1477 539539 Fax: 44 1477 529540 e-mail:
About Cerno Bioscience
Cerno is dedicated to the practical application of modern mathematical techniques to Mass Spectrometry for the purpose of improving the quality, accuracy and reliability of MS analysis. These techniques can be used to dramatically improve the amount of information obtainable from and reduce the amount of time required of many MS experiments. Cerno’s technologies are proprietary and protected through numerous patents granted and submitted world-wide. For more information on Cerno MS
technologies, applications, or products please visit our Web site: www.cernobioscience.com.
About Cerno Bioscience Products
Cerno Bioscience’s MassWorks family of software products performs post-acquisition MS calibration and formula determination through either CLIPS at unit mass resolution or sCLIPS at higher resolution. It supports all major MS vendor data formats and works with all MS instruments including GC/MS, LC/MS, TOF, qTOF, and FT MS. Cerno Bioscience
products are used in major R&D labs for pharmaceuticals, food, beverages, flavors, fragrances, natural products, environmental analysis, forensics, fine chemicals and petrochemicals. For more information, please visit: http://www.cernobioscience.com/products.html.
Copyright 2010. Cerno Bioscience LLC. All rights reserved. Cerno Bioscience is a registered trademark and MassWorks, CLIPS, and sCLIPS are trademarks of Cerno Bioscience.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Cerno Bioscience LLC
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/16/14). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Distribute Cerno Bioscience’s Calibration and Analysis Software with GC/MSD Systems". Santa Clara, CA & Norwalk, CT....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (6/5/13). "Press Release: IonSense and Cerno Bioscience Introduce Low Cost DART Mass Spectrometer with Accurate Mass Capability". Saugus, MA....
-  Cerno Bioscience LLC. (2/15/11). "Press Release: Cerno Bioscience Introduces MassWorks AutoID for Fully Automated Quadrupole MS Formula Determination". Danbury, CT....
-  Cerno Bioscience LLC. (10/11/30). "Press Release: Cerno Bioscience Announces Release of MassWorks Version 3.0 to Further Enhance the Best Formula Determination Software". Danbury, CT....
-  Cerno Bioscience LLC. (8/4/10). "Press Release: Cerno Bioscience Announces Journal Publication of MassWorks sCLIPS Application to High Resolution MS". Danbury, CT....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (3/15/10). "Press Release: Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Partners with Cerno Bioscience to Improve Mass Accuracy Results for LC/MS System Users"....
-  Cerno Bioscience LLC. (3/12/10). "Press Release: Cerno Bioscience Announces Support to Shimadzu LC/MS System in Its Award-winning MassWorks MS Software". Danbury, CT....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/3/09). "Press Release: Cerno Bioscience, Agilent Technologies to Co-market MassWorks for GCMSD. Calibration Software Enables Single Quadrupole Instruments to Easily Identify Unknowns". Danbury, CT & Santa Clara, CA....
-  Cerno Bioscience LLC. (10/24/07). "Press Release: Cerno Bioscience Extends Award-winning MassWorks Software for Formula ID on High Resolution and Ion Trap Mass Spectrometers". Danbury, CT....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]