Document › Details
Correlogic Systems Inc.. (6/6/07). "Press Release: Correlogic Systems and JEOL Sign Research and Development Agreement. Joint Efforts to Advance Clinical Application of Mass Spectrometry". Rockville, MD.
|Organisation||Correlogic Systems Inc.|
|Today||Vermillion Inc. (Nasdaq: VRML)|
|Organisation 2||JEOL USA Inc.|
|Product||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Product 2||NMR spectroscopy|
|Index term||Correlogic–Jeol: mass spectrometry, 200706– collab RnD to enhance performance following informal agreem on MS-assays|
|Person||Levine, Peter J. (Correlogic 200211 CEO)|
Correlogic Systems, Inc. and JEOL, Ltd. today announced the signing of a research and development agreement focused on further enhancing the performance of mass spectrometry in a clinical setting. JEOL, headquartered in Tokyo, is a leading global manufacturer of scientific instruments used for research and development in the fields of nanotechnology, life sciences, optical communication, forensics, and biotechnology. Correlogic, based in Rockville, Maryland has pioneered the use of pattern recognition technologies for the development of proteomic, metabolomic, and genomic based clinical prognostic and clinical diagnostic tests. Correlogic and JEOL have collaborated for more than a year under an informal agreement, and have made great strides in the continuing validation of various mass spectrometer-based assays. Details of the agreement were not released.
Over the past year, we have had a very close and productive research collaboration with JEOL", said Peter J. Levine, President and CEO of Correlogic Systems, Inc. "This agreement formalizes our link to one of the world's leading mass spectrometer and NMR manufacturers."
About Correlogic Systems, Inc.
Correlogic Systems, Inc. has developed patented technology and processes with a wide variety of applications for biomarker discovery, disease detection, and new drug discovery. The technology's first application has been in the field of proteomics - the study of human proteins. OvaCheck®, a blood test for the early detection of ovarian cancer, is Correlogic's first diagnostic test using its patented "Hidden Patterns" approach. The test is undergoing the final stages of its extensive validation process. Correlogic has entered into marketing agreements with Quest Diagnostics, Inc., and Laboratory Corporation of America for North America. Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and Quest Diagnostics are equity investors in Correlogic. Visit Correlogic at www.correlogic.com.
About JEOL, Ltd.
JEOL is a world leader in electron optical equipment and instrumentation for high-end scientific and industrial research and development. Core product groups include electron microscopes (SEMs and TEMs), instruments for the semiconductor industry (electron beam lithography and a series of defect review and inspection tools), and analytical instruments including mass spectrometers, NMRs and ESRs. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, the company has offices throughout the world.
Cautionary Statement: Certain statements contained in this release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Actual results could differ materially due to, among other things, operational and other difficulties associated with integrating acquired business, general business conditions, competition among managed care companies, rising health costs, trends in medical loss ratios, health care reform, delay in receipt of regulatory and other approvals for pending transactions and other regulatory issues.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Vermillion (Group)
-  Bonislawski, Adam. (12/23/11). "News: Vermillion Shareholder Alleges Medicare Denying over 80 Percent of OVA1 Reimbursement Claims"....
-  Bonislawski, Adam. (12/2/11). "News: Court Approves Sale of Correlogic’s Assets to Vermillion after Second Bidder Drops Out"....
-  Vermillion, Inc.. (11/9/11). "Press Release: Vermillion Reports Results for Third Quarter 2011". Austin, TX....
-  Vermillion, Inc.. (8/3/11). "Press Release: Vermillion Appoints Distribution Partner for OVA1 in Israel and the Palestine Territories". Austin, TX....
-  Vermillion, Inc.. (4/4/11). "Press Release: Vermillion and Quest Diagnostics Sign Agreement to Make OVA1 Available in India. Data Presented at IGCS Meeting New Delhi". Austin, TX....
-  Vermillion, Inc.. (2/2/11). "Press Release: Vermillion Announces Notice of Allowance of Patent for Breast Cancer Biomarkers". Austin, TX....
-  Vermillion, Inc.. (1/22/10). "Press Release: Vermillion Emerges from Bankruptcy. Company Poised to Launch OVA1". Fremont, CA....
-  Vermillion, Inc.. (12/4/09). "Press Release: Vermillion Files Amended Plan of Reorganization and Exchanges Debt". Fremont, CA....
-  Pronota N.V.. (6/18/07). "Press Release: Pronota Strenghtens Commercial Team with Appointment of Business Development Director". Ghent....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]