Document › Details
CovalX AG. (2/5/09). "Press Release: CovalX, BioAnalyte Agree to Co-develop Protein Complex Software". Portland, ME.
|Organisation 2||BioAnalyte Inc.|
|Product||HM2 high-mass system|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry software (MS software)|
|Person||Nazabal, Alexis (CovalX 200902 CEO)|
CovalX AG of Switzerland and BioAnalyte, Inc. of Portland, Maine announced today that they have entered into a co-development agreement that will lead to the release of new software for discovering how proteins interact in large complexes. Protein complexes are the basis of both disease and wellness.
"After DNA and proteins, protein interactions are the next step in understanding the molecular architecture of the body, whether healthy or not," said Alexis Nazabal, Ph.D., chief executive officer of CovalX. "From Alzheimer's to sickle cell anemia to wound repair to diabetes, protein interactions are the molecular consequence or cause of both illness and health."
CovalX has developed a new generation of high-molecular-weight particle detectors capable of characterizing protein complexes with vastly improved sensitivity and resolution. The CovalX detector retrofits to most major MALDI-ToF mass spectrometers. As the user base expands, CovalX will use BioAnalyte to extend the capabilities of its ComplexTracker(TM) data reduction and analysis software to the rapidliy growing application space.
"Since our instrumentation enables routine MALDI-ToF mass spectrometers to measure biologically and medically valuable phenomena, our ComplexTracker software has to be just as universal," said Ryan Wenzel, Ph.D., chief technology officer. "We rely on BioAnalyte's skill in reading raw binary data from a variety of instrument companies to make that a reality."
The detector relies on advanced algorithms to interpret the chemical and biological meaning of the newly-improved measurements.
"ComplexTracker will also benefit from BioAnalyte's statistical toolkit to reduce the raw data to a chemically meaningful form and then compare results in a biologically useful way," Wenzel said.
"The CovalX high molecular weight detectors are a major step forward in protein complex analysis," said Peter Leopold, Ph.D., president of BioAnalyte. "We are very excited to be invited to contribute to CovalX's ComplexTracker development for the highest quality data available today."
CovalX is the second instrument company in the past year to retain BioAnalyte for data reduction and analysis. In June, IonSense Inc. of Saugus, MA signed BioAnalyte for co-development of software for small molecule analysis using its DART(TM) ion source, an instrument which retrofits to all major electrospray mass spectrometers.
The ComplexTracker software v1.0 is currently available from CovalX. The new version 2.0 software developed by BioAnalyte will be available later this spring.
CovalX AG was founded in 2005 and has become a leading provider of technology and services in the field of High-Mass MALDI analysis of proteins and protein interactions. With support offices in Europe, North America and Japan, CovalX is a global company offering leading product and services for major pharmaceutical companies as well as academic laboratories. CovalX is developing innovative analysis solutions for the characterization of therapeutic proteins and protein interactions for the life science industry.
Founded in 2001, BioAnalyte is a scientific software company dedicated to supporting the needs of raw data analysis in the Analytical and Life Sciences sector. BioAnalyte makes and markets the MSRedux line of mini-applications custom developed for solving . BioAnalyte also makes and markets biomarker discovery software ProTrawler and Regatta.
BioAnalyte is one of only a handful of companies world wide to work directly with raw instrument data in a platform-independent fashion.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for CovalX (Group)
-  CovalX AG. (5/23/16). "Press Release: CovalX and Biozentrum Basel Received a KTI Grant for Epitope Mapping Technolgies"....
-  CovalX AG. (5/10/16). "Press Release: Meet CovalX at the ASMS Conference 2016, San Antonio, TX, 5–9 June 2016"....
-  CovalX AG. (4/12/16). "Press Release: Meet CovalX at the Next JFSM conference in Bordeaux, France, 27–30th of September 2016"....
-  CovalX AG. (3/25/16). "Press Release: Meet CovalX at the Next PEGS Europe Conference, Lisboa, Portugal, October 31st–November 4th 2016"....
-  CovalX AG. (12/16/15). "Press Release: First HM4 High-Mass System Installed at Genentech, USA"....
-  CovalX AG. (10/2/15). "Press Release: New KTI Voucher Grant Received by CovalX"....
-  CovalX AG. (7/15/15). "Press Release: New CovalX Distributor in Australia – Accurate Mass Scientific"....
-  CovalX AG. (1/15/15). "Press Release: CovalX Released Fourth Generation HM4 and Pearl High Mass Detection System at the Coming ASMS Conference in Saint-Louis, Missouri"....
-  CovalX AG. (1/15/15). "Press Release: First HM3 System in China"....
-  CovalX AG. (12/11/14). "Press Release: CovalX HM3 in Shimadzu Demo Laboratory in Kyoto, Japan"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]