Document › Details
JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/18/10). "Press Release: UT Dallase Re-energizes Semiconductor Nano Research with Acquisition of New JEOL Atomic Resolution Microscope". Peabody, MA.
|Organisation||JEOL USA Inc.|
|Organisation 2||University of Texas System|
|Product||JEM-ARM200F transmission electron microscope|
|Person||Corkum, Patricia (JEOL 200903 Marketing Manager JEOL USA)|
|Person 2||Isabell, Thomas (JEOL 201003 TEM Product Director JEOL USA)|
JEOL USA and the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) today jointly announced the University's acquisition of the new JEOL atomic resolution Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM). The new ARM200F is an aberration-corrected TEM that achieves better than 1 Angstrom resolution in STEM and TEM and chemical analysis at the atomic level.
The announcement was made during a JEOL USA "Nano and Beyond" electron microscopy seminar held in the University's Natural Science and Engineering Research Laboratory. Dr. Moon Kim, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, hosted the seminar attendees during a tour of the future site of the new TEM, the Nano and Beyond Microscopy Lab, of which he is the Director.
With the acquisition of the ARM200F TEM, UT Dallas will advance its role as key contributor to the development of next-generation semiconductor devices and as a resource for local industry research and that of several technical consortiums.
"This is a great opportunity to further enhance the University's impact on the future development of semiconductor technology and re-energize nano research in this area," Dr. Kim said. UTD is a hub for two semiconductor research consortiums, infusing the area with new business opportunities: the Texas Fusion (Future Semiconductor Commercialization) consortium, financed by the South Korean government and the Texas Emerging Technology Fund, and the Silicon Wafer Engineering and Defect Science Industry/University Cooperative Research Center (SiWEDS IU/CRC), an independent center supported by the University and corporate members. UTD is also a part of the Southwest Academy of Nanoelectronics (SWAN), a nationally funded research center. Kim's Nano and Beyond lab has a staff of 14 members and is home to two field emission JEOL TEMs.
Nanotechnology research with the advanced capabilities of the new TEM will offer greater insight into atomic structures of device materials, allowing researchers to develop smaller and more efficient semiconductor chips, and explore novel nanomaterials for new semiconductor devices.
Dr. Kim anticipates that the availability of next-generation electron microscope technology will also be a major draw for materials researchers as well as fledgling tech firms producing peripheral imaging equipment.
JEOL USA introduced the ARM200F, a totally new TEM design from the ground up, with extraordinary stability and picometer resolution, in 2009. "We look forward to collaborating with Moon Kim and UT Dallas in advancing nanotech research with this new TEM. We're excited that we can participate in future projects using never-before-seen imaging resolution and chemical spatial resolution - all at acquisition speeds never before possible," said Dr. Thomas Isabell, JEOL USA TEM Product Director.
For more information on the new JEOL JEM-ARM200F TEM, please visit our web page.
# # #
JEOL USA, Inc.
JEOL is a world leader in electron optical equipment and instrumentation for high-end scientific and industrial research and development. Core product groups include electron microscopes (SEMs and TEMs), instruments for the semiconductor industry (electron beam lithography and a series of defect review and inspection tools), and analytical instruments including mass spectrometers, NMRs and ESRs.
JEOL USA, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of JEOL, Ltd., Japan, was incorporated in the United States in 1962. The company has 13 regional service centers that offer unlimited emergency service and support in the U.S.
For more information about JEOL USA, Inc. or any JEOL products, visit www.jeolusa.com, or call 978-535-5900.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for JEOL (Group)
-  JEOL Ltd.. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT300HR InTouchScope"....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (6/2/16). "Press Release: JEOL Highlights New Analytical Technologies at ASMS 2016". Peabody, MA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Big Picture Plus Analysis from a Small, Compact, and Versatile Benchtop SEM – the JSM-6000PLUS NeoScope from JEOL". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Demonstrates New Analytical Technology at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Debuts InfiTOF Multi-Turn Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer for Real-time Gas Analysis". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New PhotoIonization (PI) Source and a new Application for JEOL’s Fourth-Generation AccuTOF-GCX High-Resolution GC/Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Powerful Problem-solving Mass Spectrometer Demonstrations at Pittcon 2016 – JEOL AccuTOF-DART 4G". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Tungsten SEM with Smart Analytical Port Geometry Demonstrated at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (2/22/16). "Press Release: Researchers First to Prove ZIKA Virus Associated with Microcephaly Used JEOL Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM) for Imaging Brain Sections"....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (2/3/16). "Press Release: New JEOL »F2« Versatile S/TEM Offers Advanced Analytical Features". Peabody, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]