Document › Details
Danaher Corporation. (6/30/11). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Beckman Coulter". Washington, DC.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR)|
|Organisation 2||Beckman Coulter Inc.|
|Product||laboratory automation equipment|
|Product 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Index term||Beckman Coulter–Danaher: investment, 201102–201106 acqusition cash tender offer $6.8b $83.5/share|
|Person||McGrew, Matt R. (Danaher 201104 VP Investor Relations)|
Danaher Corporation (NYSE:DHR) announced today the completion of its acquisition of Beckman Coulter, Inc. (NYSE: BEC) following the June 29, 2011 expiration, as of midnight, New York City time, of the subsequent offering period in the tender offer made by Danaher's indirect wholly owned subsidiary, Djanet Acquisition Corp., for all of the outstanding shares of Beckman Coulter, Inc. common stock. The initial tender offer period expired on June 24, 2011.
According to the final report of the depositary for the offer, as of the expiration of the subsequent offering period, a total of approximately 66,168,634 shares of Beckman Coulter common stock had been validly tendered and not withdrawn into the offer (including shares tendered during the subsequent offering period and excluding shares previously tendered pursuant to guaranteed delivery procedures that were not actually delivered), representing approximately 92.38% of outstanding shares of Beckman Coulter common stock. Stockholders who validly tendered and did not withdraw their shares will promptly receive the offer price of $83.50 per share, net to the seller in cash without interest.
On June 30, 2011, Danaher completed the merger of Djanet Acquisition Corp. into Beckman Coulter, Inc. and, as a result, Beckman Coulter has become an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher. In the merger, each outstanding share of Beckman Coulter common stock was cancelled and (except for shares held by Danaher, Djanet, Beckman Coulter and their respective subsidiaries and shares held by Beckman Coulter's stockholders who have and validly exercise appraisal rights under Delaware law) converted into the right to receive $83.50 per share, net to the seller in cash without interest.
Beckman Coulter's common stock will cease to be traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Detailed instructions will be mailed to former Beckman Coulter stockholders who did not tender their shares into the offer outlining the steps to be taken to obtain the merger consideration of $83.50 per share in cash, without interest.
Danaher Corporation is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Its portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets it serves. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher's 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $12.8 billion of revenue in 2010. For more information please visit Danaher's website: www.danaher.com.
Matt R. McGrew
Vice President, Investor Relations
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Suite 800W
Washington, D.C. 20037
Telephone: (202) 828-0850
Fax: (202) 828-0860
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]