Document › Details
Danaher Corporation. (10/10/12). "Press Release: Danaher Corporation and Cooper Industries Announce Definitive Agreement to Sell Apex Tool Group for $1.6b to Bain Capital". Washington, DC.
|Organisation||Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR)|
|Organisation 2||Apex Tool Group LLC|
|Group||Bain Capital (Group)|
|Product||machinery (excl laboratory)|
|Product 2||private equity|
|Index term||Danaher–Bain Capital: investment, 201210–201302 acquisition $1.6b of 50/50 jv Apex Tool Group by Bain Capital w $560m Danaher net proceeds|
|Person||McGrew, Matt R. (Danaher 201104 VP Investor Relations)|
Danaher Corporation (NYSE:DHR) and Cooper Industries (NYSE:CBE) announced today that they have signed a definitive agreement to sell Apex Tool Group to Bain Capital for approximately $1.6 billion subject to post-closing adjustments. Currently, Danaher and Cooper each maintain a 50% joint venture ownership interest in Apex. Danaher expects the sale to generate after-tax net proceeds of approximately $650 million.
The closing of the definitive agreement is subject to customary conditions, including regulatory approvals. The parties currently expect that the transaction will close in the first half of 2013.
* * *
Danaher is a science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 59,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2011, we generated $16.1 billion of revenue. For more information please visit our website: www.danaher.com.
Statements in this release that are not strictly historical, including statements regarding the proposed sale of Apex, the expected timetable for completing the transaction, the anticipated after-tax net proceeds from the sale and any other statements regarding events or developments that we believe or anticipate will or may occur in the future, are "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws, and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. There are a number of important factors that could cause actual events to differ materially from those suggested or indicated by such forward-looking statements and you should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements. These factors include risks and uncertainties related to, among other things: general economic conditions and conditions affecting the industries in which Apex operates; the uncertainty of regulatory approvals; and the parties' ability to satisfy the closing conditions and consummate the transaction. Additional information regarding the factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements is available in Danaher's SEC filings, including Danaher's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 29, 2012. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and Danaher does not assume any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events and developments or otherwise, except as required by law.
Matt R. McGrew
Vice President, Investor Relations
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20037
Telephone: (202) 828-0850
Fax: (202) 828-0860
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]