Document › Details
Danaher Corporation. (6/16/11). "Press Release: Danaher Obtains European Commission Approval to Acquire Beckman Coulter". Washington, DC.
|Region||EU (European Union)|
|Organisation||Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR)|
|Organisation 2||European Commission|
|Product||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Product 2||laboratory automation equipment|
|Index term||Beckman Coulter–Danaher: investment, 201102–201106 acqusition cash tender offer $6.8b $83.5/share|
|Person||McGrew, Matt R. (Danaher 201104 VP Investor Relations)|
Danaher Corporation (NYSE:DHR) announced today that approval from the European Commission has been received for Danaher's proposed acquisition of Beckman Coulter. This was the last applicable regulatory approval with respect to Danaher's previously announced tender offer to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Beckman Coulter for $83.50 per share in cash. The "Antitrust Condition" to the offer has now been satisfied.
The offer is scheduled to expire at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on Friday, June 24, 2011. Danaher continues to anticipate that the transaction will close in June 2011.
Danaher Corporation is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Its portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets it serves. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher's 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $12.8 billion of revenue in 2010. For more information please visit Danaher's website: www.danaher.com.
Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this release that are not strictly historical, including statements regarding completion of the transaction, and any other statements regarding events or developments that we believe or anticipate will or may occur in the future, may be "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws, and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. There are a number of important factors that could cause actual events to differ materially from those suggested or indicated by such forward-looking statements and you should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements. These factors include risks and uncertainties related to, among other things: general economic conditions and conditions affecting the industries in which Danaher and Beckman Coulter operate; the parties' ability to satisfy the merger agreement conditions and consummate the transaction; and Beckman Coulter's performance and maintenance of important business relationships. Additional information regarding the factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements is available in Danaher's SEC filings, including Danaher's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and Danaher does not assume any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events and developments or otherwise, except as required by law.
Matt R. McGrew
Vice President, Investor Relations
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20037
Telephone: (202) 828-0850
Fax: (202) 828-0860
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]