Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Daniel K. Podolsky, M.D., of University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, to Join Agilent Technologies Board of Directors". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that Daniel K. Podolsky, M.D., president of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, has been appointed to the company's board of directors, effective in July. Dr. Podolsky's appointment increases Agilent's board to 10 members.
"We are very pleased to welcome Dr. Podolsky to the Agilent board of directors," said James G. Cullen, Agilent chairman. "He is an excellent addition at an important time in the company's growth. Dr. Podolsky has a depth of knowledge from his many years as a leader in the medical field, as well as a practical business sense as president of a top medical center. His insights into health care delivery issues are particularly relevant as Agilent continues its growth in the life science solutions and diagnostics markets."
UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas is a leading academic medical center, patient care provider and research institution. Dr. Podolsky has served as its president since 2008.
He was previously chief academic officer and faculty dean, Academic Programs, for Partners Health System, Inc., a Boston-based nonprofit health care system committed to patient care, research, teaching and service. He also served concurrently as the Mallinckrodt Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and the Chief of Gastroenterology at Massachusetts General Hospital.
"I am honored to be joining the Agilent board of directors," Dr. Podolsky said. "The company has long been known for the quality of its products and people, and is now at a pivotal point in leveraging its experience into new and growing medical-related markets. I look forward to supporting its growth and success."
Dr. Podolsky holds the Philip O'Bryan Montgomery, Jr., M.D., Distinguished Presidential Chair in Academic Administration, and the Doris and Bryan Wildenthal Distinguished Chair in Medical Science at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. He is a member of the Institute of Medicine of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences; the board of the Southwestern Medical Foundation; and the Scientific Advisory Board of Antibe Therapeutics, Inc., a company focused on the treatment of diseases characterized by inflammation, pain and/or vascular dysfunction. Dr. Podolsky is also a member of the National Academies of Sciences Board on Army Science and Technology, and he serves on the board of directors of the pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. Agilent generated revenues of $4.0 billion in fiscal 2014. The company employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 345 8396
+1 408 345 8948
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]