Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Daniel K. Podolsky, M.D., of University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, to Join Agilent Technologies Board of Directors". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that Daniel K. Podolsky, M.D., president of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, has been appointed to the company's board of directors, effective in July. Dr. Podolsky's appointment increases Agilent's board to 10 members.
"We are very pleased to welcome Dr. Podolsky to the Agilent board of directors," said James G. Cullen, Agilent chairman. "He is an excellent addition at an important time in the company's growth. Dr. Podolsky has a depth of knowledge from his many years as a leader in the medical field, as well as a practical business sense as president of a top medical center. His insights into health care delivery issues are particularly relevant as Agilent continues its growth in the life science solutions and diagnostics markets."
UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas is a leading academic medical center, patient care provider and research institution. Dr. Podolsky has served as its president since 2008.
He was previously chief academic officer and faculty dean, Academic Programs, for Partners Health System, Inc., a Boston-based nonprofit health care system committed to patient care, research, teaching and service. He also served concurrently as the Mallinckrodt Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and the Chief of Gastroenterology at Massachusetts General Hospital.
"I am honored to be joining the Agilent board of directors," Dr. Podolsky said. "The company has long been known for the quality of its products and people, and is now at a pivotal point in leveraging its experience into new and growing medical-related markets. I look forward to supporting its growth and success."
Dr. Podolsky holds the Philip O'Bryan Montgomery, Jr., M.D., Distinguished Presidential Chair in Academic Administration, and the Doris and Bryan Wildenthal Distinguished Chair in Medical Science at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. He is a member of the Institute of Medicine of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences; the board of the Southwestern Medical Foundation; and the Scientific Advisory Board of Antibe Therapeutics, Inc., a company focused on the treatment of diseases characterized by inflammation, pain and/or vascular dysfunction. Dr. Podolsky is also a member of the National Academies of Sciences Board on Army Science and Technology, and he serves on the board of directors of the pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. Agilent generated revenues of $4.0 billion in fiscal 2014. The company employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 345 8396
+1 408 345 8948
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Dow's Western Canada Science and Technical Excellence Conference Awards (WesTEC) for Technical Excellence and Innovation". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports First-Quarter 2017 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Dako’s CE Marked PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostics". Carpinteria, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Collaboration on Reproductive Genetics". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEO Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Water-quality Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]