Document › Details
Metabolon, Inc.. (7/6/15). "Press Release: Darin Leigh Joins Metabolon as Chief Commercial Officer". Research Triangle Park, NC.
|Product 2||biomarker discovery services|
|Person||Leigh, Darin (Metabolon 201507– CCO before Asuragen + Luminex + Abbott)|
|Person 2||Ryals, John (Metabolon 200510 CEO)|
New Role to Lead Commercial Strategy for Biomarker Discovery, Precision Medicine, and Diagnostics Products and Services
Metabolon, Inc., the global leader in metabolomics, announces that Darin Leigh has been appointed Chief Commercial Officer, a new position at the company. He will report to John Ryals, Metabolon’s president and CEO, and oversee commercial strategy for the company’s Metabolomics and Biomarker Services, Precision Medicine, and Diagnostics business units.
"Darin is a proven commercial leader of global organizations and has demonstrated strategic planning and tactical skills that have delivered exceptional results,” said John Ryals, Metabolon CEO. “With more than 23 years’ experience in life science and diagnostic sales, marketing and operations, I have the utmost confidence in his ability to further promote Metabolon’s tremendous technology and advance our business objectives.”
“I joined Metabolon because the ability of its metabolomics technology to impact human health has never been more compelling,” said Leigh. “My team and I have an exciting opportunity to empower health care providers and life science researchers with unprecedented, actionable knowledge. Whether they are working to develop new medicines or healthier foods, or prevent, diagnose and treat disease more quickly and accurately, we have the expertise to support them.”
Prior to joining Metabolon, Leigh was the senior vice president of commercial operations at Asuragen, Inc., a clinical and molecular diagnostics company. He has held senior-level international sales, marketing and operations positions with Luminex Corporation and Abbott Laboratories, where he successfully launched global products and delivered consistent revenue growth. He holds a B.S. in medical laboratory sciences from Paddington College at the University of London.
Metabolon, Inc. is the world’s leading life sciences company focused on metabolomics – an integrative, powerful technology for assessing health. Its proprietary platforms and informatics systems are delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, breakthroughs in precision medicine, and robust partnerships in genomics-based health initiatives. Metabolon’s expertise is also accelerating research and product development across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer products, agriculture and nutrition industries, as well as academic and government organizations. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, the company has conducted more than 4,000 independent and collaborative studies, resulting in nearly 500 peer-reviewed publications. For more information, please visit www.metabolon.com or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Cautionary Note about Forward-Looking Statements
The materials provided herein that are not historical facts are or might constitute projections and other forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve substantial risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If any of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or if any of these assumptions prove to be incorrect, Metabolon’s results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by any forward-looking statements. The risks, uncertainties and assumptions referred to above include, but are not limited to: the uncertainties inherent in biochemical research and development; decisions by regulatory authorities regarding whether and when to approve diagnostic tests; the clinical utility of Metabolon’s metabolomic services; Metabolon’s and its distributors’ ability to successfully commercialize and market both new and existing products; governmental laws and regulations affecting health care, including access, pricing and reimbursement of diagnostic tests; the strength of Metabolon’s intellectual property portfolio; Metabolon’s history of operating losses; whether Metabolon is able to achieve or sustain profitability; its highly competitive industry; its ability to compete effectively; security and privacy risks; and Metabolon’s ability to continue to innovate and provide products and services that are useful to its clients, among other risks, uncertainties and assumptions.
Vice President, Corporate Communications
Record changed: 2016-09-09
More documents for Metabolon (Group)
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Raises Additional $15 Million in Funding from Essex Woodlands". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Launches Meta IMD Test to Speed Diagnosis of Inherited Metabolic Disorders". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Closes $15 Million Financing to Support Precision Medicine Growth Opportunities". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Muses Labs. (7/13/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Muses Labs Partner to Apply Metabolomics to Alzheimer’s Disease". Raleigh, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/29/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Synlab Group Form Commercialization Collaboration for Quantose IR Diagnostic". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (6/1/15). "Press Release: Sciex and Metabolon Launch the Lipidyzer Platform for Complete Lipid Analysis, from Sample to Biology". Framingham, MA & Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Study Shows Quantose IR Measures Insulin Sensitivity Better Than A1C Test for Prediabetes". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/5/15). "Press Release: Metabolon Separates Board Chairman & CEO Roles. Independent Director Santo J. Costa Elected Chairman of the Board". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/3/14). "Press Release: Metabolon and Baylor College of Medicine Partner to Launch Global Metabolomic-Assisted Pathway Screen (MAPS) for Inborn Errors of Metabolism". Research Triangle Park, NC & Houston, TX....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (5/13/14). "Press Release: Metabolon Enters into Collaboration with GSK". Research Triangle Park, NC....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]