Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (5/11/11). "Press Release: Waters Welcomes Duke University Proteomics Core Facility into Centers of Innovation Program". Milford, MA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||Duke University, IGSP, Duke Proteomics Core Facility|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Moseley, M. Arthur (Duke Univ 201105 Director of Proteomics at Proteomics Core of School of Medicine)|
|Person 2||Riley, Tim (Waters 200504 VP of Proteomics BusDev)|
Arthur Moseley, Ph.D. Recognized for Laboratory's Research and Support of Biomedical Research at Duke University School of Medicine
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) today welcomed into its Centers of Innovation Program the Proteomics Core Facility at the Duke University School of Medicine (Durham, NC). In a ceremony at Duke University, Waters recognized Associate Research Prof. M. Arthur Moseley, Director of Proteomics, for his research and support of ongoing research at the Duke University School of Medicine to bring about improvements in human health.
Proteomics is a burgeoning science focused largely on an understanding of protein functions and structures and the interplay between genes and proteins and protein/protein interactions that play a key role in causing and preventing disease.
"We consider the Proteomics Core Facility led by Dr. Moseley to be our flagship core facility," said Sally Kornbluth, Ph.D., Vice Dean for Research, Duke University. "Our vision was to create an intellectual resource and equip it so that we could provide our biomedical researchers the best possible analytical results. Under Arthur's direction its value has increased exponentially."
"With the Proteomics Core Facility our intention was always to provide the highest quality data anywhere in the world for the least expensive price," said Associate Research Prof. Arthur Moseley. "My team and I have had the opportunity to work with some of the sharpest biomedical researchers in the field working on an incredible variety of projects. With the liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation we have today, we can ask much more meaningful questions, questions relating to the fundamentals of biology, how proteins interact, how protein expression levels change as a function of a disease state or as a function of drug administration. These technologies put Duke ahead of the curve when it comes to commercially available state-of-the-art proteomic technologies."
"Dr. Moseley's expertise and knowledge in the area of applied mass spectrometry have earned him the respect of scientists around the world. We support the efforts of scientists like him for help in turning the corner on cancer and infectious diseases," said Tim Riley, Vice President and Director, Centers of Innovation Program at Waters. "Our relationship with Arthur epitomizes a successful corporate/academic collaboration."
About Waters Centers of Innovation Program
Waters Centers of Innovation Program recognizes and supports the efforts of scientists facilitating breakthroughs in health and life science research, food safety, environmental protection, sports medicine and many other areas.
In a previous announcement launching the Centers of Innovation Program, Waters recognized the research of Prof. John Engen of Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.; Prof. Jeremy Nicholson of Imperial College London; Prof. Julie Leary of the University of California - Davis; Prof. James Scrivens of the University of Warwick, Coventry, UK; and Prof. David Cowan of Kings College London.
These leading scientists, in partnership with Waters, are using liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry to take research down new paths and help unlock the mysteries of science.
About Duke Proteomics Core Facility
The Duke Proteomics Core Facility serves the Duke University School of Medicine, the Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy, and the Duke Cancer Institute with protein characterization resources including protein identification and protein quantitation from a wide variety of sample types.
The Proteomics Core Facility is capable of supporting a diverse range of research projects from studies in the Basic Sciences Departments to supporting clinical trials in the Clinical Sciences Departments. The clinical support has included biomarker discovery studies in the areas of oncology, immunology, and infectious disease.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) has created business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.64 billion in 2010 and 5,400 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters is a trademark of Waters Corporation.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]