Document › Details
DVS Sciences, Inc.. (6/24/12). "Press Release: DVS Sciences and Cytobank Announce Partnership to Analyze and Manage Highparameter and Mass Cytometry Data". Sunnyvale, CA & Mountain View, CA.
|Organisation||DVS Sciences Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Cytobank Inc.|
|Product||CyTOF® mass cytometer|
|Product 2||DVS Cytobank software|
|Index term||DVS Sciences–Cytobank: bioinformatics, 201206– collab co-development of DVS Cytobank software solution|
|Person||Victor, Joseph (DVS Sciences 201112– CEO before Applied Precision CEO)|
|Person 2||Kotecha, Nikesh (Cytobank Inc 201206 CEO + Co-founder)|
DVS Sciences, Inc., a privately held innovator and manufacturer of novel CyTOF® multi-parameter single-cell analyzers and reagents for biological research, today announced a business agreement with Cytobank, Inc., a privately held developer of cloud based scientific, informatics and software solutions for the flow cytometry market.
The CyTOF mass cytometry platform developed by DVS Sciences enables revolutionary understanding of cellular dynamics of disease states, identification of stem cells and unprecedented insight into other biological systems using metal conjugated antibodies bound to cells and analyzed by time of flight mass spectrometry. The technology uniquely has the capability to simultaneously measure up to 100 cell biomarkers in single cells at up to 1000 cells per second. The software platform created by Cytobank enables researchers to analyze and manage the data acquired on CyTOF instruments using a novel cloud computing platform integrated with proprietary algorithms for data analysis. Together, DVS Sciences and Cytobank will co-develop and release an integrated solution, "DVS Cytobank™", that automatically analyzes and manages the large data sets resulting from CyTOF instruments, while concurrently providing information on reagent panels and protocols. The new venture enables and simplifies the analysis of the massively multi-parameter mass cytometry data. DVS Cytobank is a proprietary implementation developed specifically for mass cytometry data, capitalizing on the Cytobank platform and provided by DVS Sciences directly to researchers using the CyTOF platform.
"The marriage of uniquely informative data acquired by our CyTOF instruments and reagents with the powerful capabilities of the Cytobank cloud based platform will be enabling for our researchers around the world as they analyze, manage, and share large amounts of multiparameter data" says Joseph Victor, President & CEO of DVS Sciences. Nikesh Kotecha, Ph.D , CEO & Co-founder of Cytobank adds "we are excited to be partnering with DVS Sciences to create a software solution that enables the next generation of high dimensional cytometry and single cell systems biology brought about by the CyTOF instrument. "
An early access version of DVS Cytobank will be released to the customers of DVS Sciences in August with a formal release available by November, 2012. For more information about the DVS Cytobank product, visit the site page at dvs.cytobank.org. For more information about DVS Sciences and the CyTOF mass cytometry platform, please visit www.DVSsciences.com. For more information about Cytobank, visit www.cytobankinc.com.
- More -
About DVS Sciences, Inc.
DVS Sciences, Inc. manufactures and globally distributes novel bioanalytical solutions for use in biomarker discovery, biological research and potential future use in clinical applications. The patented multi-parameter technology comprises a high-throughput mass cytometer for quantitative individual cell analysis, CyTOF, and a suite of reagents, which include stableisotope-tagged antibodies. The CyTOF platform overcomes the limitations of conventional flow cytometry, simplifies sample preparation and can simultaneously identify up to 100 biomarkers with high resolution and wide dynamic range. CyTOF systems are installed in leading laboratories across the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia. DVS Sciences has its global headquarters and reagent kit manufacturing in Sunnyvale, California with a R&D and instrument manufacturing facility near Toronto, Canada and a sales/support office in the UK.
DVS Sciences, Inc.
639 N. Pastoria Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Tel: +1 408-900-7214
About Cytobank, Inc.
Cytobank, Inc. develops, hosts, and supports cloud-computing software applications tailored for bioscience researchers, collaborators, and core labs using flow cytometry. Based in Mountain View, CA, in the heart of Silicon Valley, Cytobank, Inc. was founded and is managed by scientist-entrepreneurs from Stanford University with a unique blend of expertise in flow cytometry, cell signaling networks, drug discovery, informatics and software development. Cytobank software is used around the world by thousands of academic and industrial researchers to manage, share, and analyze their cytometry data.
800 West El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
Tel: +1 650-918-7966 x100
- END -
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Fluidigm (Group)
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/29/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm to Present at Piper Jaffray 28th Annual Healthcare Conference". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Corporation Adopts Tax Benefit Preservation Plan to Protect Its Net Operating Loss Carryforwards". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Introduces High-Parameter Maxpar Mass Cytometry Panels for Immuno-Oncology Research". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/9/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm and GenomOncology Partner to Provide Automated Oncology NGS Library Preparation With Molecular Interpretation and Reporting". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Announces Third Quarter Financial Results and Hosts Conference Call for Investors". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/12/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Announces Preliminary Third Quarter 2016 Revenue". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (8/4/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Receives ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 Certification at San Francisco and Singapore". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (8/4/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Appoints New President and Chief Operating Officer". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (8/4/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Announces Q2 2016 Financial Results and Hosts Conference Call For Investors". South San Francisco, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]