Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (12/22/10). "Press Release: Dynacare Selects Bruker’s MALDI Biotyper for Next-generation Microbial ID". Milwaukee, WI.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Dynacare Laboratories|
|Product||MALDI Biotyper system|
|Product 2||clinical diagnostics|
|Index term||Dynacare–Bruker Corp: mass spectrometer, 201012 supply purchase of MALDI Biotyper as 5th clinical lab in US + 1st lab in Wisconsin|
|Person||Goedesky, George (Bruker 201009 Exec Director Marketing + BusDev MALDI Biotyper)|
Bruker today announced that Dynacare Laboratories in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (www.dynacaremilwaukee.com), after careful internal evaluation, has purchased a Bruker MALDI Biotyper system as their next-generation rapid microbial identification system. The MALDI Biotyper has obtained the IVD-CE Mark in selected European countries, and Bruker is planning to submit the MALDI Biotyper to the U.S. FDA for clearance.
The MALDI Biotyper is a MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry based platform for rapid molecular identification of bacteria, yeast and fungi. Its carefully curated database includes quality-controlled entries of over 3,900 strains from 2,000 well-characterized microbial species. Starting from a cultured colony, identification is performed by matching the measured protein fingerprint against the proprietary MALDI Biotyper database. Including data acquisition and database search, a scored list of identification proposals is automatically presented to the microbiologist in minutes. Multiple colonies can be spotted on a single target, and about 30-60 identifications can be performed every hour. The MALDI Biotyper offers considerably faster time-to-result (TTR), high specificity, very low false positive rates, low operational costs, and low technical barriers for new operators.
Bruker has installed over 200 MALDI Biotyper systems worldwide in research and routine clinical laboratories for microbiology, and the MALDI Biotyper is rapidly becoming a new standard for robust, rapid microbial identification in Europe.
Dr. Nathan Ledeboer, Assistant Professor of Pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin and Medical Director of Microbiology and Molecular Diagnostics for Dynacare, stated: "MALDI-TOF is going to revolutionize identification in clinical microbiology. It will reduce the turnaround of clinical cultures, decrease laboratory errors, and reduce laboratory costs. We plan to use the MALDI Biotyper for microbial identifications currently performed by phenotypic methods, and expect to see improvements in time to result, workflow and consumables costs. Dynacare also plans to investigate the use of the MALDI Biotyper to replace 16s rDNA sequencing for identification. It will bring microbiology into the 21st century. We are pleased that Dynacare Laboratories will be the fifth clinical laboratory in nation - and the only laboratory in Wisconsin - to implement this new, advanced technology."
Mr. George Goedesky, Executive Director for Business Development of Bruker Daltonics, said: "We have enjoyed collaborating with Dynacare, and we are very pleased they have selected the MALDI Biotyper for use both in their research and their routine microbial identification production facility. We look forward to continuing to work with Dynacare on further applications of the MALDI Biotyper microbiology platform."
About the Bruker MALDI Biotyper
Bruker's proprietary MALDI Biotyper system enables molecular identification, taxonomical classification or dereplication of microorganisms like bacteria, yeasts and fungi. Classification and identification of microorganisms is achieved reliably and quickly using proteomic fingerprinting by high-throughput MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Applications include clinical routine microbial identification, environmental and pharmaceutical analysis, taxonomical research, food and consumer product processing and quality control, as well as marine microbiology. Bruker's robust MALDI Biotyper method requires minimal sample preparation efforts and offers low consumables cost per sample. The MALDI Biotyper is available in a research-use-only version, as well as in an IVD-CE version according to EU directive EC/98/79 in certain European countries. For more information, please visit www.maldibiotyper.com.
For more information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bdal.com and www.bruker.com.
Bruker Daltonics Inc.
George Goedesky, 978-663-3660, ext. 1123
Executive Director for Marketing and Business Development
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]