Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (2/11/05). "Press Release: Waters and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Central Regional Lab Sign Landmark Agreement to Help Protect Nation's Water Supply. Waters Expertise in Detection Hardware and Software Will Screen Toxic Che
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) (US)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||Alliance® HPLC system|
|Product 2||Quattro Micro API mass spectrometer (Micromass/Waters)|
|Index term 2||water|
Waters Corporation announced today that the company has entered into a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Region 5 Central Regional Laboratory (CRL) in Chicago. The agreement calls for the EPA CRL and Waters to work together to create mass spectral libraries of water soluble compounds using Waters Alliance® HPLC System with Waters Micromass® ZQ™ mass spectrometer or Waters Alliance HPLC System with Waters Micromass Quattro micro™ API mass spectrometer with both systems employing MassLynx™ software. This method will provide early detection and identification of deleterious organic compounds in drinking water not amenable to GC/MS technology.
This new capability will allow for the EPA CRL to detect more than 200 harmful chemicals in drinking water samples. The purpose is twofold: to help local water quality officials and water utilities quickly access and respond to deliberate or unintentional contaminants by confirming their chemical composition, and perform routine environmental analysis.
"Today's announcement begins a new partnership between government and industry to work together to support the Department of Homeland Security's efforts to protect drinking water supplies," said Jim Willis, Director of Industrial Marketing at Waters Corporation. "We are honored that the EPA CRL has chosen Waters as a partner for this important public interest initiative."
Under the Federal Technology Transfer Act, this is the first CRADA agreement between a CRL and a private company. It allows private industry and state/local governments access to federal laboratories to exchange EPA personnel, equipment or services for a particular project. The goal of this effort is to more efficiently collaborate and to move technology into real-world applications.
The EPA seeks to ensure that drinking water is safe, and to restore and maintain the nation's aquatic resources for human health, to support economic and recreational activities, and to provide healthy habitat for fish, plants and wildlife.
For more information on Waters solutions including applications for environmental, food and beverages, polymers, food safety and nutraceuticals, please visit www.waters.com.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies - high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), mass spectrometry (MS), and thermal analysis (TA). These account for $4.5 - $5.0 billion of the overall $20+ billion analytical instrumentation market.
Waters, Micromass and Alliance are registered trademarks and ZQ, MassLynx and Quattro micro are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2003.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]