Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (9/2/10). "Press Release: EPA Laboratory Publishes Direct Injection UPLC/MS/MS Methods for Chemical Dispersants in Sea Water. Direct Injection Methods Using ACQUITY UPLC/MS/MS Minimizes Sample Preparation, Increases Throughput and Imp
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) (US)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||Quattro Premier™ XE tandem quadrupole mass spectrometer (Waters/Micromass)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry solution/method|
|Index term 2||water|
|Person||Romano, Joe (Waters 201009 Senior Manager Chemical Analysis)|
|Person 2||Zintek, Lawrence (United States (govt) 201009 EPA National Organic Methods Development Expert)|
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has published two rapid screening methods for chemical dispersants in sea waters using Waters(R) ACQUITY UPLC(R)/Quattro Premier(TM) XE (UPLC/MS/MS). These analytical procedures were developed by Dr. Lawrence Zintek, National Organic Methods Development Expert, and Dr. David Schroeder, US EPA Region 5 Chicago Regional Laboratory (CRL) in collaboration with Dr. Johnson Mathew, Region 6 Houston Laboratory.
These two methods specifically target the analysis of dipropylene glycol monobutyl ether (DPGBE), ethylene glycol monobutyl ether (EGBE), and dioctyl sulfosuccinate (DOSS) in sea water; three compounds used in the Gulf of Mexico in response to the oil leak.
"The key to these dispersant methods developed by EPA Region 5 Laboratory is the direct sample injection while meeting the water quality criteria goals," said Joe Romano, Senior Manager of Chemical Analysis for the Waters Division. "While the scientific community is just starting to understand the impact of the oil spill in the Gulf, what is clear is that preparing samples, such as sea water samples, may be the most challenging step in the analytical process. Direct injection of sea water into the UPLC/MS/MS system streamlines sample preparation and ensures analytical consistency from analytical run to analytical run. This rapid low level analysis also saves time and money."
The methods are available from the US EPA Region 5 Chicago Regional Laboratory by contacting Dr. Lawrence Zintek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For more than 50 years, Waters Corporation has (NYSE: WAT) created business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters' technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.5 billion in 2009 and 5,200 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]