Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/1/10). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Appointed as Corporate Standard LIMS Supplier for South African Utilities Organization. ESKOM Standardizes on Thermo Scientific SampleManager LIMS for All Laboratories".
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Person||Champagne, Dave (Thermo 200512 Vice President)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that ESKOM, the largest electricity supply company in Southern Africa signed a contract to rollout Thermo Scientific SampleManager LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) to its thirty four laboratories. The project will be delivered via Thermo Fisher's partner in South Africa, LimsTricS.
As the corporate standard at ESKOM, the Thermo Scientific SampleManager LIMS will be used to track, store, manage, report and share analytical data enterprise-wide. The standardization project is focused on saving costs as well as improving decision making through the more efficient use of data.
In reaching the decision to rollout SampleManager LIMS, ESKOM went through a rigorous process of evaluating different LIMS products, including three pilot installations and the implementation of specific laboratory workflows. This enabled the ESKOM project team to do an in-depth evaluation of the short listed LIMS products and choose (or decided on) the best solution that met their needs.
SampleManager LIMS was selected by ESKOM for rollout to thirty four laboratories sited across South Africa based on industry expertise and the suitability of SampleManager for the application. LimsTricS, the local Thermo Fisher Scientific implementation partner for South Africa will implement the system at ESKOM. LimsTricS has extensive experience in implementing SampleManager LIMS and has represented Thermo Scientific LIMS products in Southern Africa since 1998.
"SampleManager LIMS is the most widely installed LIMS in industrial process applications worldwide, making it the ideal system for Eskom to deploy over their multi-site implementation. In addition, SampleManager will facilitate process harmonization and increase their efficiencies across their laboratory operations," claims Dave Champagne, vice president and general manager of informatics for Thermo Fisher.
For more information about Thermo Scientific Informatics solutions, please call +1866-463-6522 (US), +44 161 942 3000 (EU), e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermoscientific.com/informatics.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
As South Africa's largest producer of electricity, Eskom operates thirteen coal fired and one nuclear power station. Eskom also manages a number of central laboratories with branch laboratories located across the country to service the Eskom operations as well as offering laboratory services to related industries. For more information visit www.eskom.co.za
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]