Document › Details
Eurofins Scientific. (4/3/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Secures Environment Testing Market Leadership in Finland with the Acquisition of the Laboratory Business of Ramboll Group".
|Organisation||Eurofins Scientific SE|
|Organisation 2||Ramboll Finland Oy|
|Product 2||analytical services|
|Index term||Ramboll–Eurofins: investment, 201704 acquisition of analytical lab business of Ramboll in Finland by Eurofins|
|Person||Martin, Gilles G. (Eurofins 200701 CEO + founder)|
Eurofins Scientific (EUFI.PA), the global leader in food and environment testing, announces that it has acquired the analytical laboratory business of Ramboll Group (“Ramboll”) in Finland comprising 5 laboratories specialized in environment testing.
Ramboll has built a clear market leadership in Finland throughout its 100-year history, offering the widest range of analytical services for environment testing. Its laboratories serve industrial companies, public municipalities as well as consulting companies. The company employs 109 staff across 4 laboratories in the southern region around Helsinki, as well as at a satellite laboratory in Tallinn, Estonia.
As the largest environment testing service provider in Finland, Ramboll has developed strong inroads with the largest customers in both the private and public sectors. The acquisition provides Eurofins with a market-leading position in environment testing, and a strong platform on which to accelerate the deployment of the Group’s capabilities in Finland, as well as a platform for entry into the Estonian market. In return, the acquired laboratories will have access to the entire portfolio of Eurofins’ testing methods, logistics, and other Group resources, which should allow it to further expand market share. The transaction should therefore benefit customers who will continue to enjoy the high quality services previously offered by Ramboll’s laboratories, complemented with an improved and wider range of analytical as well as IT services.
Comment from Lone A. Clowes, Regional Director at Ramboll Environment & Health: “While Ramboll Analytics has a strong foothold on the Finnish market, it is a very specialised service requiring dedicated development and investment strategies. We believe that the analytics business will have the best development opportunities in a company that is fully focused on the laboratory sector”.
Comment from Dr. Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO: “The acquisition of Ramboll laboratories in Finland reflects Ramboll Group’s confidence that Eurofins has the capabilities to successfully develop these over the long term. It also reflects our commitment to further strengthen Eurofins’ position as the leading private, independent analytical testing service provider in Finland”.
For more information, please visit www.eurofins.com or contact:
Phone: +32 2 766 1620
Notes for the editor:
Eurofins – a global leader in bio-analysis
Eurofins Scientific through its subsidiaries (hereinafter sometimes “Eurofins” or “the Group”) believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and that it is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA. With over 27,000 staff in 310 laboratories across 39 countries, Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 130,000 analytical methods for evaluating the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin and purity of biological substances and products, as well as for innovative clinical diagnostic. The Group objective is to provide its customers with high-quality services, accurate results on time and expert advice by its highly qualified staff.
Eurofins is committed to pursuing its dynamic growth strategy by expanding both its technology portfolio and its geographic reach. Through R&D and acquisitions, the Group draws on the latest developments in the field of biotechnology and analytical chemistry to offer its clients unique analytical solutions and the most comprehensive range of testing methods.
As one of the most innovative and quality oriented international players in its industry, Eurofins is ideally positioned to support its clients’ increasingly stringent quality and safety standards and the expanding demands of regulatory authorities around the world.
The shares of Eurofins Scientific are listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN FR0000038259, Reuters EUFI.PA, Bloomberg ERF FP).
This press release contains forward-looking statements and estimates that involve risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements and estimates contained herein represent the judgement of Eurofins Scientific’ management as of the date of this release. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees for future performance, and the forward-looking events discussed in this release may not occur. Eurofins Scientific disclaims any intent or obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements and estimates. All statements and estimates are made based on the information available to the Company’s management as of the date of publication, but no guarantee can be made as to their validity.
Record changed: 2017-04-18
More documents for Eurofins (Group)
-  Eurofins Scientific. (4/4/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Consolidates Its Market Leadership in Environment Testing in Finland with the Acquisition of Ahma Group"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/24/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Further Reinforces Its Market Leadership in Environment Testing with the Acquisition of VBM Laboratories in Denmark"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/21/17). "Press Release: Eurofins and USP Announce Collaboration to Tackle Food Fraud"....
-  Eurofins Scientific UK. (3/17/17). "Press Release: Eurofins to Invest Millions in New UK Facility"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/16/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Expands Its Footprint with the Acquisition of Gözlem Group in Turkey"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Asia Pacific Footprint with the Acquisition of Mechem Laboratories in Singapore"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Achieves Its Recently-upgraded 2016 Objectives and Delivers Its Best Year Ever on Sustained Growth Momentum"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its Footprint in Discovery Pharmacology with the Acquisition of Villapharma in Spain"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/27/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Strengthens Its Leading Analytical Testing Footprint in Brazil with the Acquisition of ASL Análises Ambientais"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/6/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its North American Footprint with the Acquisition of Exova’s Environment Testing Laboratories in Eastern Canada"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]