Document › Details
Eurofins Scientific. (7/26/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Strengthens Its Footprint in Food Testing in New Zealand with the Acquisition of AgFirst Bay of Plenty".
|Organisation||Eurofins Scientific SE|
|Organisation 2||AgFirst Bay of Plenty (NZ)|
|Product||food analysis (food testing)|
|Product 2||kiwi fruit|
|Index term||AgFirst Bay of Plenty–Eurofins: investment, 201607 acquisition by Eurofins|
|Person||Martin, Gilles G. (Eurofins 200701 CEO + founder)|
Eurofins Scientific (EUFI.PA), the world leader in food testing supporting the entire food production chain, announces the acquisition of Agfirst Bay of Plenty, a leading fruit maturity testing laboratory in New Zealand.
Founded over 20 years ago, AgFirst Bay of Plenty provides independent kiwifruit maturation sampling and testing services across its 2 facilities, strategically located in the Bay of Plenty region of New Zealand, a region which represents approximately 80% of New Zealand’s kiwifruit crop. Kiwifruit is New Zealand’s leading horticultural export product, and the industry is experiencing a period of significant growth, with export value in 2015 estimated at NZD 1.4bn, a 43% increase from the previous year. AgFirst Bay of Plenty is also the leading provider of independent avocado maturation sampling and testing services.
The acquisition of AgFirst Bay of Plenty complements Eurofins’ existing competencies and reinforces the Group’s network and analytical capabilities to better serve the food and agricultural industries in New Zealand, and the broader Asia Pacific region. It also provides the Group a strong platform to support the high-growth kiwifruit export market. In return, AgFirst Bay of Plenty will have access to the complete portfolio of Eurofins’ services, which should enable it to solidify its leadership in its key niche market, and at the same time expand its service reach.
Comment from Dr. Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO: “AgFirst Bay of Plenty expands Eurofins food testing offering in New Zealand and reinforces our footprint in the Asia-Pacific region. This acquisition is consistent with our strategy of building leading positions in niche areas in the testing market, to ensure deepest expertise in a wide range of markets. We look forward to providing AgFirst Bay of Plenty’s clients with access to the full range of services and capabilities of the Eurofins Group.”
For more information, please visit www.eurofins.com or contact:
Eurofins Investor Relations
Phone: +32-2-766 1620
Notes for the editor:
Eurofins – a global leader in bio-analysis
Eurofins Scientific believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing, as well as one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology and central laboratory services. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
With over 23,000 staff in more than 225 laboratories across 39 countries, Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 130,000 validated analytical methods for evaluating the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as for innovative clinical diagnostic. The Group provides its customers with high-quality services, accurate results on time and expert advice by its highly qualified staff.
Eurofins is committed to pursuing its dynamic growth strategy by expanding both its technology portfolio and its geographic reach. Through R&D and acquisitions, the Group draws on the latest developments in the field of biotechnology and analytical chemistry to offer its clients unique analytical solutions and the most comprehensive range of testing methods.
As one of the most innovative and quality oriented international players in its industry, Eurofins is ideally positioned to support its clients’ increasingly stringent quality and safety standards and the expanding demands of regulatory authorities and healthcare practitioners around the world.
The shares of Eurofins Scientific are listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN FR0000038259, Reuters EUFI.PA, Bloomberg ERF FP).
This press release contains forward-looking statements and estimates that involve risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements and estimates contained herein represent the judgement of Eurofins Scientific’ management as of the date of this release. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees for future performance, and the forward-looking events discussed in this release may not occur. Eurofins Scientific disclaims any intent or obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements and estimates. All statements and estimates are made based on the information available to the Company’s management as of the date of publication, but no guarantee can be made as to their validity.
 New Zealand Horticulture Export Authority
 March 2016 Global Agricultural Information Network http://gain.fas.usda.gov/Recent%20GAIN%20Publications/Kiwifruit%20Sector%20Report%20-%202016_Wellington_New%20Zealand_3-24-2016.pdf
Record changed: 2016-08-09
More documents for Eurofins (Group)
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/24/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Further Reinforces Its Market Leadership in Environment Testing with the Acquisition of VBM Laboratories in Denmark"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/21/17). "Press Release: Eurofins and USP Announce Collaboration to Tackle Food Fraud"....
-  Eurofins Scientific UK. (3/17/17). "Press Release: Eurofins to Invest Millions in New UK Facility"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/16/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Expands Its Footprint with the Acquisition of Gözlem Group in Turkey"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Asia Pacific Footprint with the Acquisition of Mechem Laboratories in Singapore"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Achieves Its Recently-upgraded 2016 Objectives and Delivers Its Best Year Ever on Sustained Growth Momentum"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its Footprint in Discovery Pharmacology with the Acquisition of Villapharma in Spain"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/27/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Strengthens Its Leading Analytical Testing Footprint in Brazil with the Acquisition of ASL Análises Ambientais"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/6/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its North American Footprint with the Acquisition of Exova’s Environment Testing Laboratories in Eastern Canada"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Over 10% Organic Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]