Document › Details
Eurofins Scientific. (6/1/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its Leading Footprint in Food Testing in France with the Acquisition of Agro-Analyses".
|Organisation||Eurofins Scientific SE|
|Organisation 2||Agro-Analyses S.A.S.|
|Product||food analysis (food testing)|
|Product 2||analytical services|
|Index term||Agro-Analyses–Eurofins: investment, 201606 acquisition of Agro-Analyses SAS by Eurofins|
|Person||Martin, Gilles G. (Eurofins 200701 CEO + founder)|
Eurofins Scientific (EUFI.PA), the world leader in bioanalytical testing to support the entire food production chain, announces the acquisition of Agro-Analyses SAS ("Agro-Analyses"), one of the leading analytical service providers supporting the food retail and catering sectors in France.
Founded nearly 30 years ago, Agro-Analyses employs 157 staff at its site in Metz, in the northeast of France. The company provides food safety testing with a strong competence in microbiology, as well as surface analysis, for its clients primarily in the food retail and catering sectors, and generates annual revenues in excess of EUR 10m.
This acquisition further strengthens Eurofins' leadership in the French food testing market, especially in the area of food quality and safety assessment. Agro-Analyses' strong footprint in the east of the country is a good fit with Eurofins' leading western franchise. Furthermore, the acquisition should allow the Group to accelerate the deployment of its unparalleled capabilities in microbiology, as well as the rest of its competencies nationwide, and to a broader client base. In return, Agro-Analyses will benefit from Eurofins' industry-leading laboratory network, including access to the Group's comprehensive analytical portfolio, as well as logistical infrastructure.
Comment from Dr. Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO: "The acquisition of Agro-Analyses further consolidates our leading footprint to support the entire food industry in France. We look forward to giving Agro-Analyses' clients full access to the capabilities of the Eurofins network to support them in further strengthening and optimizing their quality assurance programs."
For more information about Eurofins, please visit www.eurofins.com or contact:
Eurofins Scientific Group
Phone: +32 2 766 1620
Notes for the editor:
Eurofins - a global leader in bio-analysis
Eurofins Scientific believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing, as well as one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology and central laboratory services. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
With over 23,000 staff in more than 225 laboratories across 39 countries, Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 130,000 validated analytical methods for evaluating the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as for innovative clinical diagnostic. The Group provides its customers with high-quality services, accurate results on time and expert advice by its highly qualified staff.
Eurofins is committed to pursuing its dynamic growth strategy by expanding both its technology portfolio and its geographic reach. Through R&D and acquisitions, the Group draws on the latest developments in the field of biotechnology and analytical chemistry to offer its clients unique analytical solutions and the most comprehensive range of testing methods.
As one of the most innovative and quality oriented international players in its industry, Eurofins is ideally positioned to support its clients' increasingly stringent quality and safety standards and the expanding demands of regulatory authorities and healthcare practitioners around the world.
The shares of Eurofins Scientific are listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN FR0000038259, Reuters EUFI.PA, Bloomberg ERF FP).
Important disclaimer: This press release contains forward-looking statements and estimates that involve risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements and estimates contained herein represent the judgement of Eurofins Scientific’ management as of the date of this release. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees for future performance, and the forward-looking events discussed in this release may not occur. Eurofins Scientific disclaims any intent or obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements and estimates. All statements and estimates are made based on the information available to the Company’s management as of the date of publication, but no guarantee can be made as to their validity.
Record changed: 2016-07-02
More documents for Eurofins (Group)
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/6/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its North American Footprint with the Acquisition of Exova’s Environment Testing Laboratories in Eastern Canada"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Over 10% Organic Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces Enhanced Wine-Profiling Module 3.1 for its NMR FoodScreener". Billerica, MA....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/30/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Expands Its Clinical Diagnostic Footprint with the Acquisition of Megalab in Spain"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/21/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Raises Its 2016 Profit Objectives and Sets Preliminary EUR 2.9bn Revenue Objective for 2017"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Expands Asia Pacific Capacity with a New State-of-the-art Food Testing Laboratory in Singapore"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/8/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Raises EUR 296m Following a Successful Equity Issuance [Not for United States, Canada, Japan or Australia]"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Raises the Amount of New Shares Offered to 800,000 Driven by Strong Demand from Institutional Investors [Not for United States, Canada, Japan or Australia]"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Announces the Issuance of approximately 600,000 New Shares to Be Placed via an Accelerated Book Building Offering to Institutional Investors [Not for United States, Canada, Japan or Australia]"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (8/2/16). "Press Release: Growth Momentum Sustained as Strong Q1 Operating Trends Continued in Q2 2016"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]