Document › Details
Eurofins Scientific. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Asia Pacific Footprint with the Acquisition of Mechem Laboratories in Singapore".
|Organisation||Eurofins Scientific SE|
|Organisation 2||Mechem Laboratories (SG)|
|Product||food analysis (food testing)|
|Product 2||analytical services|
|Index term||Mechem Laboratories–Eurofins: investment, 201703 acquisition of Mechem by Eurofins|
|Person||Martin, Gilles G. (Eurofins 200701 CEO + founder)|
Eurofins Scientific (EUFI.PA), the global leader in food and environment testing, announces the acquisition of Mechem Laboratories (“Mechem”), one of the leading laboratory service providers in Singapore.
As one of the reference laboratories in the country, the acquisition of Mechem should accelerate Eurofins’ roll-out of its world-leading capabilities to serve the food and beverage industry in Singapore, as well as provide Eurofins a strong entry platform in the local environment testing market. In return, Mechem will gain access to the complete infrastructure and capability of the Group, which should allow substantial expansion of the range of services it offers to both domestic and international customers, thereby accelerating its market share expansion.
Comment from Dr. Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO: “The acquisition of Mechem is another demonstration of our commitment to the Asia Pacific region. We are looking forward to contributing to strengthening Mechem’s market position, as well as expanding the portfolio of tests it offers by giving it access to the full range of services and capabilities of the Eurofins Group.”
For more information, please visit www.eurofins.com or contact:
Eurofins Food & Environment Testing Asia Pacific
Phone: +852 3719 8281
Phone: +32 2 766 1620
Notes for the editor:
Eurofins – a global leader in bio-analysis
Eurofins Scientific through its subsidiaries (hereinafter sometimes “Eurofins” or “the Group”) believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and that it is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA. With over 27,000 staff in 310 laboratories across 39 countries, Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 130,000 analytical methods for evaluating the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin and purity of biological substances and products, as well as for innovative clinical diagnostic. The Group objective is to provide its customers with high-quality services, accurate results on time and expert advice by its highly qualified staff.
Eurofins is committed to pursuing its dynamic growth strategy by expanding both its technology portfolio and its geographic reach. Through R&D and acquisitions, the Group draws on the latest developments in the field of biotechnology and analytical chemistry to offer its clients unique analytical solutions and the most comprehensive range of testing methods.
As one of the most innovative and quality oriented international players in its industry, Eurofins is ideally positioned to support its clients’ increasingly stringent quality and safety standards and the expanding demands of regulatory authorities around the world.
The shares of Eurofins Scientific are listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN FR0000038259, Reuters EUFI.PA, Bloomberg ERF FP).
This press release contains forward-looking statements and estimates that involve risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements and estimates contained herein represent the judgement of Eurofins Scientific’ management as of the date of this release. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees for future performance, and the forward-looking events discussed in this release may not occur. Eurofins Scientific disclaims any intent or obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements and estimates. All statements and estimates are made based on the information available to the Company’s management as of the date of publication, but no guarantee can be made as to their validity.
Record changed: 2017-03-21
More documents for Eurofins (Group)
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/24/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Further Reinforces Its Market Leadership in Environment Testing with the Acquisition of VBM Laboratories in Denmark"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/21/17). "Press Release: Eurofins and USP Announce Collaboration to Tackle Food Fraud"....
-  Eurofins Scientific UK. (3/17/17). "Press Release: Eurofins to Invest Millions in New UK Facility"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/16/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Expands Its Footprint with the Acquisition of Gözlem Group in Turkey"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Achieves Its Recently-upgraded 2016 Objectives and Delivers Its Best Year Ever on Sustained Growth Momentum"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its Footprint in Discovery Pharmacology with the Acquisition of Villapharma in Spain"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/27/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Strengthens Its Leading Analytical Testing Footprint in Brazil with the Acquisition of ASL Análises Ambientais"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/6/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its North American Footprint with the Acquisition of Exova’s Environment Testing Laboratories in Eastern Canada"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Over 10% Organic Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces Enhanced Wine-Profiling Module 3.1 for its NMR FoodScreener". Billerica, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]