Document › Details
Eurofins Scientific. (3/24/14). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its Leading Nordic Footprint with the Acquisition of the Food and Environmental Testing Laboratory of Maintpartner Group".
|Organisation||Eurofins Scientific Finland Oy|
|Organisation 2||Maintpartner Group Oy|
|Product||food analysis (food testing)|
|Product 2||environmental analysis|
|Person||Mäkelä, Lasse (Eurofins 201403 Managing Director Eurofins Scientific Finland)|
Eurofins Scientific (EUFI.PA), the world leader in food and environment testing services, announces the acquisition of the food and environmental testing laboratory of Maintpartner Group, a leading supplier of industrial maintenance and operation services in the Baltic Sea region.
The laboratory employs 27 staff and is located in the Kokkola Industrial Zone, providing Eurofins entry into the country's fastest-growing port. As part of Maintpartner Group, the laboratory has developed strong inroads with the largest customers in the agro-chemical and food industries. It also provides environmental testing and sampling services to both private and public sector clients.
The acquisition provides Eurofins a solid platform with which to roll-out its capabilities and the complete suite of analytical services to increase customer penetration and market share. Furthermore, the laboratory's strategic location in the Kokkola Industrial Park provides Eurofins access to the local hub for several large chemicals companies. In turn, the laboratory will benefit from the breadth of Eurofins' analytical portfolio and expertise, which allows it to offer the most complete range of services to both existing and potential new customers.
Comment from Lasse Mäkelä, Managing Director for Eurofins Scientific, Finland:"The acquisition of the Kokkola laboratory reflects Maintpartner's confidence that Eurofins has the capabilities to successfully develop the laboratory, allowing Maintpartner to focus on their core competence. It also reflects our commitment to further strengthen Eurofins' position as the leading private, independent analytical testing service provider in Finland."
For more information, please visit www.eurofins.com or contact:
Phone: +358 405 915 550
Eurofins Investor Relations
Phone: +32 2 766 1620
Notes for the editor:
Eurofins - a global leader in bio-analysis
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology and central laboratory services.
With about 15,000 staff in more than 190 laboratories across 36 countries, Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 100,000 reliable analytical methods for evaluating the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin and purity of biological substances and products. The Group provides its customers with high-quality services, accurate results in time and expert advice by its highly qualified staff.
Eurofins is committed to pursuing its dynamic growth strategy by expanding both its technology portfolio and its geographic reach. Through R&D and acquisitions, the Group draws on the latest developments in the field of biotechnology and analytical chemistry to offer its clients unique analytical solutions and the most comprehensive range of testing methods.
As one of the most innovative and quality oriented international players in its industry, Eurofins is ideally positioned to support its clients' increasingly stringent quality and safety standards and the expanding demands of regulatory authorities around the world.
The shares of Eurofins Scientific are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN FR0000038259, Reuters EUFI.PA, Bloomberg ERF FP).
Important disclaimer: This press release contains forward-looking statements and estimates that involve risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements and estimates contained herein represent the judgement of Eurofins Scientific' management as of the date of this release. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees for future performance, and the forward-looking events discussed in this release may not occur. Eurofins Scientific disclaims any intent or obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements and estimates. All statements and estimates are made based on the information available to the Company's management as of the date of publication, but no guarantee can be made as to their validity.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Eurofins (Group)
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/6/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its North American Footprint with the Acquisition of Exova’s Environment Testing Laboratories in Eastern Canada"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Over 10% Organic Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces Enhanced Wine-Profiling Module 3.1 for its NMR FoodScreener". Billerica, MA....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/30/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Expands Its Clinical Diagnostic Footprint with the Acquisition of Megalab in Spain"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/21/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Raises Its 2016 Profit Objectives and Sets Preliminary EUR 2.9bn Revenue Objective for 2017"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Expands Asia Pacific Capacity with a New State-of-the-art Food Testing Laboratory in Singapore"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/8/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Raises EUR 296m Following a Successful Equity Issuance [Not for United States, Canada, Japan or Australia]"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Raises the Amount of New Shares Offered to 800,000 Driven by Strong Demand from Institutional Investors [Not for United States, Canada, Japan or Australia]"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Announces the Issuance of approximately 600,000 New Shares to Be Placed via an Accelerated Book Building Offering to Institutional Investors [Not for United States, Canada, Japan or Australia]"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (8/2/16). "Press Release: Growth Momentum Sustained as Strong Q1 Operating Trends Continued in Q2 2016"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]