Document › Details
Eurofins Scientific. (10/15/15). "Press Release: Eurofins Announces the Successful Closing of the Biomnis Group Acquisition".
|Organisation||Eurofins Scientific SE|
|Organisation 2||Biomnis S.A.|
|Product 2||analytical services|
|Index term||Biomnis–Eurofins: investment, 201506–201510 acquisition €220m|
|Person||Woler, Charles (Biomnis 201210– CEO before Endotis Pharma CEO)|
|Person 2||Cornu, François (Eurofins 201601 President of Biomnis)|
Following approval from regulatory bodies, as well as completion of consultations with employee representatives, Eurofins Scientific (EUFI.PA), the global leader in bio-analytical testing, and one of the world leaders in genomic services, announces the successful closing of the transaction to acquire 100% of the Biomnis Group on the 14th of October, 2015.
As communicated on the 22nd of June, the Group intends to offer other prominent groups of laboratory networks in the clinical biology testing market in France the option to co-invest in Biomnis in the future. This planned partnership is in line with Eurofins' intention to closely collaborate with all the stakeholders in the French medical laboratories sector to support them in fulfilling their objective of contributing to world-class patient care in France.
Generating revenues of over EUR 220m in 2014, Biomnis is one of the largest independent esoteric laboratories in Europe focusing on specialty diagnostic testing, and should provide Eurofins a strong platform on which to deploy the competencies in specialty clinical diagnostic testing that the Group has obtained, and continues to develop, at its recently-acquired laboratories in the US. In return, Biomnis will have access to the full range of Eurofins' growing esoteric testing portfolio to further develop its leadership in specialty clinical diagnostic testing market in France, and more widely in Europe.
As part of Eurofins' plans to support Biomnis' objective to become the leading specialty clinical diagnostics testing provider in Europe, its current leader, Dr. Charles Woler and the entire Biomnis management team will remain with the company. Furthermore, the Biomnis team is pleased to welcome Mr. François Cornu, a seasoned biologist renowned in the French clinical biology market, who will be joining as President of Biomnis specialty laboratory.
For more information about Eurofins, please visit www.eurofins.com or contact:
Eurofins Scientific Group
Phone: +32 2 766 1620
Notes for the editor:
Eurofins - a global leader in bio-analysis
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing. It is also one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology and central laboratory services. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
With 20,000 staff in around 200 laboratories across 38 countries, Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 130,000 reliable analytical methods for evaluating the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin and purity of biological substances and products, as well as for innovative clinical diagnostic. The Group provides its customers with high-quality services, accurate results on time and expert advice by its highly qualified staff.
Eurofins is committed to pursuing its dynamic growth strategy by expanding both its technology portfolio and its geographic reach. Through R&D and acquisitions, the Group draws on the latest developments in the field of biotechnology and analytical chemistry to offer its clients unique analytical solutions and the most comprehensive range of testing methods.
As one of the most innovative and quality oriented international players in its industry, Eurofins is ideally positioned to support its clients' increasingly stringent quality and safety standards and the expanding demands of regulatory authorities around the world.
The shares of Eurofins Scientific are listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN FR0000038259, Reuters EUFI.PA, Bloomberg ERF FP).
Important disclaimer: This press release contains forward-looking statements and estimates that involve risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements and estimates contained herein represent the judgement of Eurofins Scientific’ management as of the date of this release. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees for future performance, and the forward-looking events discussed in this release may not occur. Eurofins Scientific disclaims any intent or obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements and estimates. All statements and estimates are made based on the information available to the Company’s management as of the date of publication, but no guarantee can be made as to their validity.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Eurofins (Group)
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/24/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Further Reinforces Its Market Leadership in Environment Testing with the Acquisition of VBM Laboratories in Denmark"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/21/17). "Press Release: Eurofins and USP Announce Collaboration to Tackle Food Fraud"....
-  Eurofins Scientific UK. (3/17/17). "Press Release: Eurofins to Invest Millions in New UK Facility"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/16/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Expands Its Footprint with the Acquisition of Gözlem Group in Turkey"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Asia Pacific Footprint with the Acquisition of Mechem Laboratories in Singapore"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Eurofins Achieves Its Recently-upgraded 2016 Objectives and Delivers Its Best Year Ever on Sustained Growth Momentum"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its Footprint in Discovery Pharmacology with the Acquisition of Villapharma in Spain"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/27/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Strengthens Its Leading Analytical Testing Footprint in Brazil with the Acquisition of ASL Análises Ambientais"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/6/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its North American Footprint with the Acquisition of Exova’s Environment Testing Laboratories in Eastern Canada"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Over 10% Organic Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]