Document › Details
Eurofins. (4/23/15). "Press Release: Eurofins Successfully Prices EUR 300m New Hybrid Bond".
|Organisation||Eurofins Scientific SE|
|Organisation 2||BNP Paribas S.A.|
|Group||BNP Paribas (Group)|
|Product 2||investment banking|
|Person||Martin, Gilles G. (Eurofins 200701 CEO + founder)|
Eurofins Scientific (ERF FP, unrated), the global leader in bioanalytical testing, announces that it has successfully priced a transaction to issue a new EUR 300m hybrid bond to further strengthen its balance sheet and lengthen its stable financing horizon at current favourable interest rate environment, in order to be able to respond to compelling growth opportunities. The transaction was well-received and swiftly completed, and the issue was 2.5x times over-subscribed.
The new issue will bring Eurofins' total hybrid capital to EUR 600m. Similar to the existing hybrid bond, the new series of bonds has a perpetual maturity, and is accounted for as 100% equity according to international financial reporting standards (IFRS). It is callable at par by Eurofins on the 8th year (in April, 2023), in contrast to the existing hybrid bond, which is callable in January 2020 (7 years from original issuance). The new series of bonds will bear a lower fixed annual coupon of 4.875% for the first 8 years, compared to the annual coupon of 7.00% until January 2020 for the existing hybrid bond, thereby reducing the average cost of hybrid capital to 5.4%.
Eurofins intends to use the proceeds of the new issuance for general corporate purposes, including funding of both organic and external growth, as part of the Group's mid-term development plan with the objective to achieve revenues of EUR 2bn by 2017, as well as to secure its longer-term leading position in the markets where it is active. At the end of 2014, Eurofins had a net debt/EBITDA ratio of 1.9x versus its debt covenant limit of 3.5x. Given the equity accounting treatment of the instrument, the transaction has a favourable impact on the Group's debt ratios as the cash raised lowers the net debt level, thereby further optimizing the balance sheet and expanding headroom in its financing capacity.
Comment from Dr. Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO:"The successful issuance of our new hybrid instrument expands Eurofins' secure stable, long term financing, whilst allowing us to maintain significant financial flexibility. Although we have decided to take advantage of the current favourable interest rates in the market, we remain committed to maintaining a strong balance sheet structure and a disciplined approach to acquisitions.We believe that the Group has the optimal funding mix to execute on its business plan of growing organically and through selective acquisitions to reach EUR 2bn in revenues by 2017, whilst delivering high returns on capital and minimizing liquidity risk."
BNP Paribas, HSBC and SG CIB acted as joint bookrunners for the transaction. Settlement date is on the 29th of April, 2015, and the first call date for the instrument is on the 29th of April, 2023.
The bonds will be listed from their issue date (29 April 2015) on the regulated market of the Luxembourg stock exchange (ISIN XS1224953882). The bonds are not registered under the US Securities Act of 1933 as amended (the "Securities Act"), and may not be offered or sold in (i) the United States (as such term is defined in Regulation S under the Securities Act) unless registered under the Securities Act or pursuant to an exemption from such registration nor (ii) in any other jurisdiction where it is unlawful to do so.
For more information please visit or contact:
Eurofins Investor Relations
Phone: + 32 2 769 7383
Notes for the editor:
Eurofins - a global leader in bio-analysis
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology and central laboratory services.
With over 17,000 staff in more than 200 laboratories across 36 countries, Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 130,000 reliable analytical methods for evaluating the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin and purity of biological substances and products. The Group provides its customers with high-quality services, accurate results in time and expert advice by its highly qualified staff.
Eurofins is committed to pursuing its dynamic growth strategy by expanding both its technology portfolio and its geographic reach. Through R&D and acquisitions, the Group draws on the latest developments in the field of biotechnology and analytical chemistry to offer its clients unique analytical solutions and the most comprehensive range of testing methods.
As one of the most innovative and quality oriented international players in its industry, Eurofins is ideally positioned to support its clients' increasingly stringent quality and safety standards and the expanding demands of regulatory authorities around the world.
The shares of Eurofins Scientific are listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN FR0000038259, Reuters EUFI.PA, Bloomberg ERF FP).
 The existing EUR 300m hybrid bond was issued at an average yield of 6.0% (first EUR 150m tranche issued at 7.0%; second EUR 150m tranche issued at 5.0%). Therefore, the new EUR 300m hybrid bond, which will be issued at 4.875%, will result in a blended hybrid cost of capital of 5.4375%.
Important disclaimer: This press release contains forward-looking statements and estimates that involve risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements and estimates contained herein represent the judgement of Eurofins Scientific’ management as of the date of this release. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees for future performance, and the forward-looking events discussed in this release may not occur. Eurofins Scientific disclaims any intent or obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements and estimates. All statements and estimates are made based on the data available to the Company as of the date of publication, but no guarantee can be made as to their validity.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Eurofins (Group)
-  Eurofins Scientific. (12/6/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Reinforces Its North American Footprint with the Acquisition of Exova’s Environment Testing Laboratories in Eastern Canada"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Over 10% Organic Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces Enhanced Wine-Profiling Module 3.1 for its NMR FoodScreener". Billerica, MA....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/30/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Expands Its Clinical Diagnostic Footprint with the Acquisition of Megalab in Spain"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/21/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Raises Its 2016 Profit Objectives and Sets Preliminary EUR 2.9bn Revenue Objective for 2017"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Expands Asia Pacific Capacity with a New State-of-the-art Food Testing Laboratory in Singapore"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/8/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Raises EUR 296m Following a Successful Equity Issuance [Not for United States, Canada, Japan or Australia]"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Raises the Amount of New Shares Offered to 800,000 Driven by Strong Demand from Institutional Investors [Not for United States, Canada, Japan or Australia]"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Eurofins Announces the Issuance of approximately 600,000 New Shares to Be Placed via an Accelerated Book Building Offering to Institutional Investors [Not for United States, Canada, Japan or Australia]"....
-  Eurofins Scientific. (8/2/16). "Press Release: Growth Momentum Sustained as Strong Q1 Operating Trends Continued in Q2 2016"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]