Document › Details
Protein Discovery, Inc.. (11/28/11). "Press Release: Expedeon and Protein Discovery to Merge". Cambridge & Knoxville, TN.
|Organisation||Protein Discovery Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Expedeon Ltd.|
|Product||Gelfree™ 8100 Fractionation System|
|Product 2||proteomic technology|
|Index term||Protein Disocvery–Expedeon: investment, 201111– merger €na announced|
|Person||Lanckriet, Heikki (Expedeon 201111 CEO + Founder)|
|Person 2||Witkowski, Chuck (Protein Discovery 200803 CEO)|
Expedeon, Ltd. and Protein Discovery, Inc. today announced a definitive agreement to merge to create a leading supplier of advanced products for protein research. The new Expedeon will be a global supplier of unique protein analysis and purification products used by thousands of scientists worldwide. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Protein Discovery, founded in 2001, has developed a suite of innovative products that address key challenges in protein analysis. The company's flagship product, the GELFREE® 8100 Fractionation System, is the first instrument that partitions complex protein mixtures into user-selectable, liquid-phase molecular weight fractions. The system has achieved rapid market adoption and was recently highlighted in a landmark publication in the journal Nature. The company's proprietary consumables, including FASP™ Protein Digestion kits and PPS Silent® Surfactant, allow scientists to enhance their data quality and improve their protein analysis workflows.
Expedeon is a leading provider of simple, rapid, and effective solutions for protein-based research and production. The company's patented products include industry-leading solutions for protein separation, quantitation, visualization, purification, protection and refolding. Expedeon has offices in Cambridge, UK and San Diego, CA and its products include RunBlue® electrophoresis precast gels, InstantBlue® protein stain and Nvoy™ protein stabilization products, which are sold direct and through an extensive partner network around the world.
The group will remain headquartered in Cambridge, UK and Dr Heikki Lanckriet, founder and chief executive officer of Expedeon, will be chief executive officer of the new Expedeon. Chuck Witkowski, founder and chief executive officer of Protein Discovery, will join the Expedeon Board of Directors.
"This transaction represents an important step towards our strategic goal of becoming a premier, global provider of innovative product solutions for protein analysis," said Lanckriet. "Protein Discovery's talented team has built a business with highly innovative products that are considered best-in-class in their respective product segments. Combined with Expedeon's industry-leading products and extensive market channels, Expedeon will offer even greater value to scientists engaged in protein analysis."
Witkowski added, "We are thrilled to announce this transaction with Expedeon. By combining our businesses, we have an opportunity to create substantial value for our customers, shareholders, and other key stakeholders as we extend our innovative solutions to customers around the world."
About Protein Discovery
Protein Discovery, Inc. is a privately-held life sciences company that develops and commercializes specialized sample preparation products for protein analysis by mass spectrometry. Our products help academic, government and pharmaceutical scientists advance their protein research and biotherapeutic development by enabling more sensitive, more accurate and faster analyses. For more information, please visit www.proteindiscovery.com.
Expedeon Ltd is a privately-held tools and reagents company developing and delivering innovative products for protein discovery and analysis. The company provides researchers globally with unique and reliable products enabling advancements in protein research and drug development. For more information please visit www.expedeon.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Expedeon (Group)
-  Expedeon Ltd.. (12/15/11). "Press Release: Expedeon and Protein Technologies Join Forces to Provide Custom Protein Services". Cambridge & Manchester....
-  Protein Discovery, Inc.. (11/22/10). "Press Release: Protein Discovery Inc. Announces New FASP Protein Digestion Kits. Filter-aided Sample Prep of Fluids and Tissues for Mass Spectrometry Based Proteome Research". Knoxville, TN....
-  Protein Discovery, Inc.. (9/1/10). "Press Release: Yeast Protein Extraction Kit from Protein Discovery for Whole Proteome Analysis". Knoxville, TX....
-  Protein Discovery, Inc.. (8/25/10). "Press Release: Universal Protein Extraction Kit from Protein Discovery, Inc, Exposes the Deep Proteome". Knoxville, TX....
-  Protein Discovery, Inc.. (3/22/10). "Press Release: Protein Discovery Launches New Fractionation Kits for the Gelfree 8100 System at ABRF Conference". Knoxville, TX....
-  Protein Discovery, Inc.. (10/21/09). "Press Release: Protein Discovery and New Objective Announce Strategic Co-marketing Collaboration in Top Down Proteomics". Knoxville, TN & Woburn, MA....
-  Protein Discovery, Inc.. (3/25/08). "Press Release: Protein Discovery, Inc. Completes $10 Million Private Equity Financing". Knoxville, TN....
-  Protein Discovery, Inc.. (3/17/08). "Press Release: Passport™ 1200 Sample Pres System Simplifies Preparation of Biological Samples for Large Mass Spectrometry Studies". North Bethesa, MD....
-  Novexin Ltd.. (1/31/08). "Press Release: Novexin Plans to Change Name to Expedeon Protein Solutions to Raise Awareness of Expanding Product Portfolio in New Markets". Cambridge....
-  Protein Discovery, Inc.. (5/30/07). "Press Release: Protein Discovery, Inc. Announces Charter Customer Program for MALDIplex Clinical Sample Preparation System". Knoxville, TN....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]