Document › Details
Expression Pathology Inc.. (2/13/12). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Collaborates on Liquid Tissue Personalized Medicine Assays in Lung Cancer Treatment". Rockville, MD.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Expression Pathology Inc. (EPI)|
|Today||OncoPlex Diagnostics (OncoPlexDx)|
|Group||OncoPlex Diagnostics (OncoPlexDx)|
|Organisation 2||M. D. Anderson Cancer Center|
|Group||University of Texas System|
|Product||Liquid Tissue Array|
|Product 2||Liquid Tissue® technology (Expression Pathology)|
|Person||Tunon, Peter (Expression Pathology 200501– VP Sales + Marketing)|
Expression Pathology Inc. a leader in personalized medicine tissue protein analysis, today announced a collaboration with The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to evaluate the use of the company's tests for matching the most appropriate targeted therapies with lung cancer patients. The research will study the company's patented Liquid Tissue®-SRM technology, which enables accurate measurement of proteins in tumor pathways.
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related deaths worldwide. In the United States alone, there were an estimated 226,160 new cases and 160,340 deaths in 2012, with lung cancer accounting for 15% of cancer diagnoses but 28% of cancer deaths (American Cancer Society, Cancer Facts & Figures 2012).
A new generation of lung cancer drugs that target specific tumor pathways is having a significant positive impact on treatment, but improved testing methods are needed to help guide drug selection. The advantage of Expression Pathology's Liquid Tissue® SRM technology is the unique ability to quantify - in a single assay - multiple proteins involved in tumor pathways, in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue, the standard form of tissue preservation employed in medical practice worldwide.
About Expression Pathology
Expression Pathology Inc. is a private biotechnology company focused on advancing personalized medicine with tumor tests that improve cancer treatment decisions while reducing health care costs. The company has translated its patented Liquid Tissue® SRM technology platform into a pipeline of innovative cancer pathway tests that have entered clinical studies with top tier cancer treatment centers and are being used by pharmaceutical companies in development of new cancer drugs.
The company's tests employ a mass spectrometry technique called Selected Reaction Monitoring (SRM) which can simultaneously and quantitatively measure many proteins at a time. Liquid Tissue® SRM methodology and tests are covered by four issued and 28 pending U.S. and international patents.
For more information, please visit www.expressionpathology.com.
For more information please contact:
VP Sales and Marketing
Expression Pathology Inc.
9620 Medical Center Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for OncoPlex Diagnostics (OncoPlexDx)
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (2/1/12). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Appoints New President and CEO". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (3/24/11). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Obtains Second U.S. Liquid Tissue Patent". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (2/1/11). "Press Release: Expression Pathology and Children’s Oncology Group to Measure IGF-1R Expression in Pediatric Clinical Rhabdomyosarcoma Tissue". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (1/11/11). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Provides Roche Its Liquid Tissue-SRM Protein Biomarker Assay Services in Drug Development". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (12/9/10). "Press Release: Flagship Partners with Expression Pathology to Combine Tissue Proteomics and Digital Pathology. Two Leading Companies Offer Clients Integrated Services for Digital Pathology and Quantitative Mass-spec...
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (9/27/10). "Press Release: Expression Pathology’s Liquid Tissue Patent Issues in Japan". Rockville, MD....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/20/10). Thermo Scientific Annual MS User’s Meeting & ASMS Customer Appreciation Event. [http://www.thermoscientific.com, 05/20/10]...
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (5/4/10). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Collaborates with Toronto’s Sick Kids Hospital and University Health Network on New Mass Spec EGFR Test". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (11/17/09). "Press Release: Liquid Tissue Patent Licensed for Amyloidosis Proteomic Assay. Expression Pathology’s Method Enables Mass Spec Analysis of Amyloid Proteins in Microdissected FFPE Tissue". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (4/20/09). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Raises $6.5 Million to Develop Personalized Medicine Assays for Protein Biomarkers in FFPE Tissue". Rockville, MD....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]