Document › Details
Expression Pathology Inc.. (9/27/10). "Press Release: Expression Pathology’s Liquid Tissue Patent Issues in Japan". Rockville, MD.
|Organisation||Expression Pathology Inc. (EPI)|
|Today||OncoPlex Diagnostics (OncoPlexDx)|
|Group||OncoPlex Diagnostics (OncoPlexDx)|
|Organisation 2||AMR Inc. (J)|
|Product||Liquid Tissue® technology (Expression Pathology)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Eitner, Casey (Expression Pathology 200806 CEO)|
|Person 2||Tunon, Peter (Expression Pathology 200501– VP Sales + Marketing)|
Expression Pathology Inc. announced that the Japan Patent Office has issued patent number 4579234 which covers methods for preparing tissue for protein analysis, including the company’s proprietary Liquid Tissue® sample preparation methodology. The claims of the patent are directed to tissue processing methods that enable discovery and accurate measurement of protein biomarkers in standard formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue by mass spectrometry and other methods.
Formalin fixation is the standard process used worldwide to preserve biopsies and surgical tissue, but it limits the ability to accurately measure and study proteins and changes in protein pathways in cancers and other diseases. Liquid Tissue® sample preparation produces a solution that is representative of the total protein content of an FFPE sample, enabling application of powerful mass spectrometry techniques to proteomic profiling and targeted quantitation of proteins and protein activation, such as phosphorylation.
“This is an important milestone for our company”, says Casey Eitner, President and CEO of Expression Pathology. “Accurate multiplex protein assays that can be run on standard FFPE tissue are part of the future of personalized medicine. We are combining our technologies with latest developments in mass spectrometry to develop assays that can simultaneously measure the key targets in tumor signaling networks associated with specific prognostic and drug treatment decisions. The Japanese patent extends protection for our technology to one of the world’s most important medical and scientific markets”.
Expression Pathology is represented by AMR Inc. in Japan. Mr. Yasuhiko Bando, Chief Strategic Officer at AMR says: “We provide novel proteomic and biomarker analysis platforms including sample preparation and LC/MS systems for clinical samples. The products and assays based on the Liquid Tissue patent are of great interest to clinical and medical fields in Japan. We are already collaborating with several leading institutions in Japan, including Tokyo Medical University, Tohoku University and National Cancer Center, who are using Liquid Tissue® technology in leading edge research. With this technology we are now able to provide a seamless solution for the analysis of clinical tissue samples.”
About Expression Pathology Inc.
Expression Pathology is a private biotechnology company leading the development of innovative technologies for tissue protein analysis and their application to personalized medicine. The company is developing its own proprietary tests that measure protein biomarkers and pathways of disease progression and drug response to improve cancer patient treatment decisions.
Expression Pathology also offers its unique ability to measure protein pathways in FFPE tissue in collaborations with biopharmaceutical companies for clinical drug development and as a new strategy for protein-based companion diagnostics. The company’s rapidly expanding menu of assays includes the key drug target pathway proteins EFGR, IGF-1R, cMET, cSRC, AKT, MEK, and ERK, and their phosphorylation states.
Expression Pathology’s Director® laser microdissection technology speeds up and automates precise collection of target cells for analysis from standard tissue sections. The Liquid Tissue® sample preparation makes possible complete solubilization of the protein content of FFPE tissue. Liquid Tissue works with very small amounts of microdissected starting material, and provides quality controllable solutions that are suitable for multiple analyses and stable over prolonged storage. The company is combining these technologies with Selective and Multiple Reaction Monitoring (SRM and MRM) mass spectrometry techniques to pioneer clinical applications for protein analysis in tissue.
For more information contact:
Expression Pathology Inc.
Vice President Sales and Marketing
9620 Medical Center Drive, Suite 100
Rockville, MD 20850
Phone: (301) 977-3654
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for OncoPlex Diagnostics (OncoPlexDx)
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (2/13/12). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Collaborates on Liquid Tissue Personalized Medicine Assays in Lung Cancer Treatment". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (2/1/12). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Appoints New President and CEO". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (3/24/11). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Obtains Second U.S. Liquid Tissue Patent". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (2/1/11). "Press Release: Expression Pathology and Children’s Oncology Group to Measure IGF-1R Expression in Pediatric Clinical Rhabdomyosarcoma Tissue". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (1/11/11). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Provides Roche Its Liquid Tissue-SRM Protein Biomarker Assay Services in Drug Development". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (12/9/10). "Press Release: Flagship Partners with Expression Pathology to Combine Tissue Proteomics and Digital Pathology. Two Leading Companies Offer Clients Integrated Services for Digital Pathology and Quantitative Mass-spec...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/20/10). Thermo Scientific Annual MS User’s Meeting & ASMS Customer Appreciation Event. [http://www.thermoscientific.com, 05/20/10]...
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (5/4/10). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Collaborates with Toronto’s Sick Kids Hospital and University Health Network on New Mass Spec EGFR Test". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (11/17/09). "Press Release: Liquid Tissue Patent Licensed for Amyloidosis Proteomic Assay. Expression Pathology’s Method Enables Mass Spec Analysis of Amyloid Proteins in Microdissected FFPE Tissue". Rockville, MD....
-  Expression Pathology Inc.. (4/20/09). "Press Release: Expression Pathology Raises $6.5 Million to Develop Personalized Medicine Assays for Protein Biomarkers in FFPE Tissue". Rockville, MD....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]