Document › Details
AB Sciex. (10/20/10). "Press Release: U.S. Food and Drug Administration Selects AB Sciex to Provide Mass Spectrometry Systems for Food Contaminant Testing". Foster City, CA.
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has purchased eight of the company’s AB SCIEX QTRAP® 5500 Systems for analysis of the U.S. food supply. These mass spectrometry systems will be deployed at FDA headquarters and across seven field laboratories. This supports government initiatives to help ensure food safety.
The FDA conducts ongoing monitoring of the food supply, utilizing advanced analytical methods to detect chemical contaminants. For example, as part of its pesticide compliance program, the FDA samples individual lots of domestically produced and imported foods and analyzes them for pesticide residues. The FDA’s criteria for selecting a new analytical solution to improve results required LC/MS/MS (liquid chromatography/ tandem mass spectrometry) technology that integrates quantitative and qualitative analysis on the same platform and performs automated identification of a wide range of contaminants simultaneously.
AB SCIEX met the criteria with the AB SCIEX QTRAP® 5500 System and Cliquid Software for Food Testing. The QTRAP® 5500 System is a unique, next-generation mass spectrometer that integrates triple quadrupole capabilities with linear accelerator trap technology, combining industry-leading sensitivity and high performance for quantitative and qualitative analysis. Cliquid® Software for Food Testing is an automated software application designed to simplify food contaminant testing with the use of LC/MS/MS instrumentation to identify a comprehensive range of contaminants.
Joe Anacleto, Vice President and General Manager of the Applied Markets and Clinical Research Business, AB SCIEX
“AB SCIEX looks forward to continue working with the FDA to help ensure the safety of the food supply. Consumer protection is clearly a top priority for the FDA, requiring the most accurate and reliable analytical testing capabilities. The AB SCIEX QTRAP® 5500 System is the most powerful system for identifying and quantifying chemical contaminants in any food supply in the world today.”
AB SCIEX food contaminant testing solutions
Mass spectrometry system portfolio
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of life science analytical technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services used to discover new drugs, advance medical science and protect the food supply and the environment. AB SCIEX technology solutions combine the highest performance with the highest reliability to enable our customers to fuel scientific discovery, deliver results with confidence and improve the quality of life. The company has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership as the former Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies joint venture. For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
Social Media Tags
AB SCIEX, mass spectrometry, food contamination, pesticides, QTRAP, food safety, food testing
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
© 2010. AB SCIEX.
Senior Manager, Public Relations
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]