Document › Details
Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (11/4/10). "Press Release: FDA to Collaborate with ACD/Labs to Develop Predictive QSAR Models". Toronto.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Advanced Chemistry Development Inc. (ACD/Labs)|
|Organisation 2||FDA (US Food and Drug Administration)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||ACD/Tox Suite software|
|Index term||United States (govt)–ACD/Labs: cheminformatics, 201011– collab 5 years developm QSAR toxicity models with FDA|
|Person||Blacker, Tim (Advanced Chemistry Development 201011 Director BusDev + Strategic Alliances)|
Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc., (ACD/Labs) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and ACD/Labs will work together in a five-year research collaboration to develop quantitative structure-activity relationship (QSAR) toxicity models for FDA regulatory and research applications. Under this collaborative agreement, the FDA will provide non-proprietary toxicology data for the following toxicological endpoints: carcinogenicity, genetic toxicity, reproductive toxicity, and developmental toxicity. The ACD/Labs' Algorithm Builder program will be used to construct and validate QSAR models, and these models will be incorporated into ACD/Tox Suite, ACD/ADME Suite, and ACD/PhysChem Suite software. These software programs will be used to provide critical decision support information on the safety of substances in pre- and post-market evaluations by FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN). Under this agreement, ACD/Labs will have the right to commercialize QSAR models that are developed from this collaboration.
"We are excited to work with the FDA on this project," said Tim Blacker, Director of Business Development and Strategic Alliances at ACD/Labs. "This effort will leverage the combined expertise of scientists at both ACD/Labs and the FDA to produce software that will provide value to the FDA and to the safety of the wider community in general."
As part of this agreement, results of this collaboration will be made available to the public via publications and presentations.
About ACD/Labs-Founded in 1994, Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc., (ACD/Labs) has since supplied hundreds of industrial companies and academic organizations worldwide with software to speed research. Our solutions include fast and accurate prediction of molecular ADME/Tox and physical properties, property-based structure design, metabolite identification, analytical data processing and interpretation, chemical nomenclature, and chemical databasing. ACD/Labs is committed to ongoing development and improvement of its products, constantly improving the accuracy and usability of existing functionality, while also delivering exciting and innovative new capabilities aimed at solving customers' challenges.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Advanced Chemistry Development Inc. (ACD/Labs)
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (6/6/16). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Launches MetaSense Platform for Comprehensive and Rapid Metabolite Identification at the 64th American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference". San Antonio, TX....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (12/14/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Introduces Andrew Anderson as Vice President of Business Development". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (10/9/15). "Press Release: Indian Business Groups Honor ACD/Labs’ KK Bhagchandani". Bangalore....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (7/22/15). "Press Release: The Institute of Cancer Research Deploys ACD/Spectrus Processor to Manage and Streamline Processing of Analytical Data". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (7/8/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs and IDBS Partnership Delivers Live Analytical Data to ELN Interface". Toronto, ON & London....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (6/3/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Introduces Free Structure Elucidation Tutorial Software. A New Resource for Structure Elucidation Education". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (5/19/15). "Press Release: Increased Multi-technique Analytical Efficiency in an Academic Environment. Streamlining Analytical Data Interpretations at the University of Angers". Angers....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (3/18/15). "Press Release: Better Academic Chemistry Knowledge Sharing. Building an Analytical Knowledge Management System at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Strasbourg". Strasbourg....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (3/9/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Announces Solution for Open-access Workflows at Pittcon". New Orleans, LA....
-  From »The Analytical Scientist« (Issue 22, November 2014). (11/14). "In My View: Sharing Data – and Knowledge. How to Use a Knowledge Repository that Doesn’t Retire or Leave You for a Competitor (by Steve Thomas)"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]