Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/8/09). "Press Release: Bruker Announces First Publications of Molecular Structures from World’s Only Fully Automated Single Crystal X-ray Diffractomter – SMART X2S". Madison, WI.
|Organisation||Bruker AXS (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||University of New Hampshire|
Bruker AXS today announced the first publications of X-ray crystal structures determined automatically using the SMART(TM) X2S benchtop system.
The SMART X2S was developed to provide automated, unambiguous 3D molecular structure information to chemists in an easy-to-use, affordable and low cost-of-ownership package. The SMART X2S is a true benchtop system that requires only low power and is air-cooled for easy placement in any chemistry lab. The system provides access to X-ray structures for non-crystallographer chemistry researchers in industry and academia, and addresses the need for a lower cost crystallography system in undergraduate teaching. The SMART X2S does not compromise on data quality and can produce publication quality structures on routine samples automatically.
Professor Monte Helm of the Chemistry Department at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado commented: "As an inorganic chemist at an undergraduate institution, I have always had to rely on collaborations with larger universities for X-ray crystallography. This made research challenging, as I often had to wait long periods of time and pay fees to obtain structures of compounds relevant to our research."
Professor Helm added: "Until the SMART X2S, I never thought it was even a possibility to do X-ray crystallography at Fort Lewis College. My teaching load made it impractical to have a large instrument that requires daily maintenance, attention and experienced hands to operate. The small footprint and low operating cost of the SMART X2S has made in-house research quality X-ray crystallography a reality for Fort Lewis College. I anticipate my research will progress much quicker and more efficiently because of this instrument. As an added benefit, most of our undergraduate chemistry students will now get hands-on experience with X-ray crystallography as part of their degree training - a real bonus to their education."
Professor Glen Miller, an organic chemist at the Department of Chemistry of the University of New Hampshire, stated: "We are thrilled to have a SMART X2S system in our lab. The instrument is fully automated and easy to use and significantly extends the reach of our materials chemistry program by giving us instant access to 3D crystal data. We now quickly and easily collect our own structural information. The SMART X2S is part of our standard protocol for small molecule characterization along with NMR and mass spec. Bruker provides great customer service. We couldn't be happier!"
For further product information, please visit www.bruker-axs.com/smart_x2s.html.
ABOUT BRUKER AXS: For more information about Bruker AXS and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bruker-axs.com or www.bruker.com.
X-ray crystal structures determined automatically using the Bruker SMART X2S benchtop system: A) Structure-Property Relationships of Stable Free Radicals: Verdazyls with Electron-Rich Aryl Substituents. Victoria Chemistruck, Dallas Chambers, and David J. R. Brook, J. Org. Chem. 2009, 74, 1850-1857 B) 1,2-Dimethyl-4,5-diphenylbenzene determined on a Bruker SMART X2S benchtop crystallographic system. J. B. Briggs, M. D. Jazdzyk and G. P. Miller, Acta Cryst. (2009). E65, o1171 C)
?3(Bis(2-diphenylphosphinoethyl)phenylphosphine)-chloro-platinium(II) hexa?uorophosphate. Scott A. Heston, Bruce C. Noll, Monte L. Helm, Acta Cryst. (2009). E, submitted for publication, May, 2009 (Graphic: Business Wire)
Angie Grossen, +1-608-276-3045
Marketing Communications Manager
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]