Document › Details
Fluidigm Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Introduces a New Medium-cell High-throughput Integrated Fluidic Circuit with Higher Single-cell Capture Performance on the C1". South San Francisco, CA.
Fluidigm Corporation (NASDAQ:FLDM) today announces the release of a new high-throughput integrated fluidic circuit (HT IFC) to isolate single cells for mRNA sequencing analysis. Capturing up to 800 medium-size (10–17 µm) cells with higher single-cell capture efficiency, the new medium-cell HT IFC enables researchers to confidently scale cell atlasing and lineage studies using the Fluidigm C1™ system. The C1 is the gold standard for single cell analysis with over 100 peer-reviewed publications from around the world. Capable of detecting thousands of genes per cell using 3’ end counting, the new HT IFC workflow on the C1 system provides industry-leading sensitivity for high-throughput automated single-cell sequencing.
As single-cell research expands around the globe, researchers are profiling greater numbers of cells to characterize the transcriptional, genotypic, epigenetic, and proteomic phenotypes that make each cell unique. Following the identification of each new cell subtype, the role and function of each cell population in health and disease states can be explored. Supporting the widest range of automated single-cell applications in the industry, the C1 system empowers significant research breakthroughs in the understanding of cell diversity and function across a number of disease research areas.
The new medium-cell HT IFC provides high sensitivity with powerful control over experimental cost and data quality. Developed together with optimized reagents, the new workflow supports identification of cell subpopulations present at low abundance across a wide range of cell types, including cancer and stem cells. With the additional capability to simultaneously screen two cell populations for comparison studies with live on-IFC imaging for viability and phenotypic analysis, the medium-cell HT IFC is an important tool to expand the understanding of cellular diversity.
“The release of the new medium-cell HT IFC with higher single-cell capture and workflow performance is exciting,” said Chris Linthwaite, President and CEO of Fluidigm. “With this new offering on the C1 system, researchers have a powerful new tool to explore the diversity of cell populations at single-cell resolution, discover rare and novel cell types, and characterize their role in life.”
Fluidigm is continuing the development of a small-cell HT IFC to provide these same high-throughput capabilities for neuronal and immune cell populations in the future.
Fluidigm (NASDAQ:FLDM) develops, manufactures, and markets life science analytical and preparatory systems for growth markets such as single-cell biology and production genomics. We sell to leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and agricultural biotechnology companies worldwide. Our systems are based on proprietary microfluidics and multiparameter mass cytometry technology and are designed to significantly simplify experimental workflow, increase throughput, and reduce costs while providing excellent data quality. Fluidigm products are provided for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
We use our website (www.fluidigm.com), corporate Twitter account (@fluidigm), Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/fluidigm), and LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/fluidigm-corporation) as channels of distribution of information about our products, our planned financial and other announcements, our attendance at upcoming investor and industry conferences, and other matters. Such information may be deemed material information, and we may use these channels to comply with our disclosure obligations under Regulation FD. Therefore, investors should monitor our website and our social media accounts in addition to following our press releases, SEC filings, public conference calls, and webcasts.
C1, Fluidigm, and the Fluidigm logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fluidigm Corporation.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, among others, statements regarding the features and benefits of a newly released product. Forward-looking statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from currently anticipated results, including but not limited to, risks relating to challenges inherent in developing, manufacturing, launching, marketing, and selling new products; potential product performance and quality issues; intellectual property risks; competition; and interruptions or delays in the supply of components or materials for, or manufacturing of, Fluidigm’s products. Information on these and additional risks, uncertainties, and other information affecting Fluidigm business and operating results are contained in Fluidigm’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015, and in its other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Fluidigm’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2016. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Fluidigm disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements except as may be required by law.
Senior Director, Marketing
650 737 4190
Record changed: 2017-02-14
More documents for Fluidigm (Group)
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Fluidigm to Present at Cowen and Company 37th Annual Health Care Conference". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Fluidigm Announces Q4 and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/29/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm to Present at Piper Jaffray 28th Annual Healthcare Conference". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Corporation Adopts Tax Benefit Preservation Plan to Protect Its Net Operating Loss Carryforwards". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Introduces High-Parameter Maxpar Mass Cytometry Panels for Immuno-Oncology Research". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/9/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm and GenomOncology Partner to Provide Automated Oncology NGS Library Preparation With Molecular Interpretation and Reporting". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Announces Third Quarter Financial Results and Hosts Conference Call for Investors". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/12/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Announces Preliminary Third Quarter 2016 Revenue". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (8/4/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Receives ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 Certification at San Francisco and Singapore". South San Francisco, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]