Document › Details
Fluidigm Corporation. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Introduces Single-Cell TCR Sequencing on the C1 System at Immunology 2016". South San Francisco, CA.
|Organisation||Fluidigm Corporation (Nasdaq: FLDM)|
|Organisation 2||European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI)|
|Product||C1™ Single-Cell Auto Prep System|
|Product 2||single cell analysis|
|Person||Betzelos, Pete (Fluidigm 201605 SVP Global Marketing)|
|Person 2||Bunting, Michaeline (Fluidigm 201604 Senior Director Marketing)|
Fluidigm Corporation (NASDAQ:FLDM) today announced the introduction of Single-Cell TCR Sequencing, a new immunology application on the C1™ system that enables in-depth profiling of T cells at single-cell resolution. Uncovering the unique T cell receptor (TCR) alpha and beta chains from each cell in conjunction with the corresponding gene expression signature, Single-Cell TCR Sequencing provides researchers with a novel approach to interrogate the functional response of each T cell. This information can provide new insights into the biological mechanisms that govern the body’s response to infectious disease, the regulation of autoimmune or allergic reactions and the development of effective immunotherapies.
The new application was first described in a paper recently published in Nature Methods entitled “T cell fate and clonality inference from single-cell transcriptomes,” by Michael Stubbington, Tapio Lönnberg, Sarah Teichmann and colleagues from the European Molecular Biology Laboratory-European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) and the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute in Cambridge, England. It combines the proven single-cell whole transcriptome sequencing workflow on the C1 system with TraCeR, a new bioinformatics pipeline designed to produce full-length, paired TCR sequence data. Instructions for performing the method, called TCR Sequence Determination by TraCeR, are available to all researchers on the Script Hub™ web portal.
“Almost every T cell has a different sequence and antigen specificity. We believe single-cell TCR sequencing with TraCeR gives researchers a tool to explore the huge diversity of T cell receptor sequences and to link antigen specificities and clonal relationships with specific functional responses,” said Stubbington, Senior Staff Scientist at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
Single-Cell TCR Sequencing is the fifteenth single-cell method enabled on the C1 system, which includes RNA sequencing, targeted gene expression, miRNA profiling, whole genome and exome sequencing, targeted gene sequencing and epigenetic applications. Applications available on Script Hub are open to the C1 research community and are compatible with any C1 system. Each application includes the protocol, reference data, script and links to publications.
“We developed the C1 system with the goal of enabling a wide range of single-cell applications to address increasingly complex biological questions. By working with leading-edge institutions such as EMBL-EBI and Sanger to develop new methods, the single-cell community can leverage a growing list of C1 applications to gain new insight into key biological mechanisms that regulate health and disease,” said Pete Betzelos, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing at Fluidigm. “We look forward to the insights this new single-cell application will bring to advancing the understanding of immune-mediated diseases and the development of novel immune-based therapies.”
Fluidigm (NASDAQ:FLDM) develops, manufactures, and markets life science analytical and preparatory systems for growth markets such as single-cell biology and production genomics. We sell to leading academic institutions, clinical laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and agricultural biotechnology companies worldwide. Our systems are based on proprietary microfluidics and multiparameter mass cytometry technology, and are designed to significantly simplify experimental workflow, increase throughput, and reduce costs, while providing excellent data quality. Fluidigm products are provided for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
We use our website (www.fluidigm.com), corporate Twitter account (@Fluidigm), Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Fluidigm), and LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/fluidigm-corporation) as channels of distribution of information about our products, our planned financial and other announcements, our attendance at upcoming investor and industry conferences, and other matters. Such information may be deemed material information and we may use these channels to comply with our disclosure obligations under Regulation FD. Therefore, investors should monitor our website and our social media accounts in addition to following our press releases, SEC filings, public conference calls, and webcasts.
Fluidigm, the Fluidigm logo, C1, Open App, Script Builder, and Script Hub are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fluidigm Corporation.
Senior Director, Marketing
650 737 4190
Record changed: 2016-05-22
More documents for Fluidigm (Group)
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Fluidigm to Present at Cowen and Company 37th Annual Health Care Conference". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Fluidigm Announces Q4 and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Introduces a New Medium-cell High-throughput Integrated Fluidic Circuit with Higher Single-cell Capture Performance on the C1". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/29/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm to Present at Piper Jaffray 28th Annual Healthcare Conference". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Corporation Adopts Tax Benefit Preservation Plan to Protect Its Net Operating Loss Carryforwards". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Introduces High-Parameter Maxpar Mass Cytometry Panels for Immuno-Oncology Research". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/9/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm and GenomOncology Partner to Provide Automated Oncology NGS Library Preparation With Molecular Interpretation and Reporting". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Announces Third Quarter Financial Results and Hosts Conference Call for Investors". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/12/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Announces Preliminary Third Quarter 2016 Revenue". South San Francisco, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]