Document › Details
Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (4/9/08). "Press Release: GeneBio Appoints Mark Pitman to Run North American Business Operations". Geneva.
|Organisation||Geneva Bioinformatics S.A. (GeneBio)|
|Organisation 2||Proteome Software Inc.|
|Person||Pitman, Mark (Premier Biosoft 201406– VP Sales + Marketing before Omixon + Nonlinear Dynamics + GeneBio)|
|Person 2||Nahas, Nasri G. (Spinomix 201506 CEO before GeneBio CEO)|
Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) SA today announced the hiring of Mark Pitman, formerly of Proteome Software, for the role of Sales and Business Director, North America. This newly created strategic position gives GeneBio an established presence in this important market with a well-known and respected member of the Life Sciences community.
Mr. Pitman will focus his efforts on GeneBio's flagship product Phenyx, a product with which he is already familiar, as GeneBio and Proteome Software have been working together to incorporate Phenyx MS/MS protein ID results into Proteome Software's Scaffold visualization framework. Mark will also work towards expanding GeneBio's industry partnerships in the mass spectrometry field in order to provide more comprehensive value-added solutions to customers, a role at which he excelled with his previous employer.
Developed in collaboration with the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB), Phenyx is GeneBio's renowned software platform for the identification and characterization of proteins and peptides from mass spectrometry data, specifically designed to meet the concurrent demands of high-throughput MS data analysis and dynamic results assessment while offering a flexible user experience and an adaptable architecture to help instil confidence in results assessment. (http://phenyx.vital-it.ch/pwi)
"I am excited about this opportunity and look forward to bringing my industry knowledge and experience to play in order to further the strategic mission of GeneBio," said Mark Pitman. "I have worked closely with the GeneBio team in the past and have experienced their dedication to excellence first-hand. Now that I am part of the team, I believe my skill set will positively contribute to our business and development goals, and I am ready to bring GeneBio's vision and dedication to the North American research market."
"The creation of this new position in North America testifies to the importance of this region in our proteomics business and to GeneBio's commitment to play an ever-increasing role in this fast-evolving MS market," said Nasri Nahas, CEO of GeneBio. "The addition of Mark to GeneBio's highly dynamic team brings us someone well respected in the field who is intimately familiar with our product offerings. An opportunity like this does not present itself very often; we are glad to have Mark on board and look forward to his contributions and future success."
Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) SA is a leading bioinformatics company providing the life science community with world-class proteomics software that bridges the gap between information gathering and knowledge generation. Established in 1997, we focus our expertise on protein identification and characterization as well as proteome imaging, offering clients and partners a high degree of specialization essential to proteomics research. Close ties to academic peers and a thorough network of distribution and strategic partners give us both unfettered access to scientific excellence and recognized market presence so that we may best serve the scientific community. For more information about GeneBio, please visit: www.genebio.com.
Sales and Business Director, North America
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for GeneBio (Group)
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/2/11). "Press Release: SIB and GeneBio Launch neXtProt – Human Proteins Knowledge Platform"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (6/9/11). Web Site: Our Partners. [http://www.genebio.com, 06/09/11]...
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/30/11). "Press Release: Wiley Announces a Global Nonexclusive Distribution Agreement with GeneBio SA"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (2/8/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex and GeneBio Team Up to Improve Interactive Library Searching for Mass Spectrometry". Foster City, CA & Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (1/13/11). "Press Release: neXtProt. Product Release Announcement". Geneva & Lausanne....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (9/29/10). "Press Release: BBGes Developing Accurate Mass LC-MSMS Spectra Library of Drugs with SmileMS". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/24/10). "Press Release: Prof. Hans H. Maurer Annotating New LC-MS Library of Drugs, Poisons and Their Metabolites with SmileMS". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/11/10). "Corporate Information by E-Mail"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/2/10). "Press Release: HUG Choose SmileMS for Emergency Clinical Toxicology Screening". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/21/10). "Press Release: GeneBio, CURML-UTCF Collaborate to Enhance SmileMS for Forensic Technology". Geneva & Lausanne....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]